BenQ FP91G+

I was looking at this monitor as well. The reviews seem to be very positive and for the price you can't beat it. I would buy one, but I am going to need a TV/monitor for my small dorm, so I am going with a widescreen.

That was on the top of my list for a 19" (1280x1024) LCD, should be a good one and quite affordable.

Zalbag said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16824014090

What do you guys think? I plan on doing a lot of coding and gaming, I am probably going order 2 of these. The response time is 8ms, is that good enough for FPS games?

I bought two of the FP91G+'s and really like them. You will need to adjust the settings to your liking as the brightness is too high out of the box. Once that is done they are really nice monitors. Gaming is great on this model. I used 19" crt's before these. There is no comparison of the picture quality between the BenQ's and any CRT I have used.

The ups: Brilliant colors, 8ms response = gaming goodness, price is good for this nice a monitor. Comes with both DVI and VGA cables. $60 rebate from Newegg.

The downs: Not much stand adjustability, control buttons not labelled. I mailed my rebate off 3 weeks ago and still cannot find out whether it has been received and is in process or not.

Rickman

Rickman said:
I bought two of the FP91G+'s and really like them. You will need to adjust the settings to your liking as the brightness is too high out of the box. Once that is done they are really nice monitors. Gaming is great on this model. I used 19" crt's before these. There is no comparison of the picture quality between the BenQ's and any CRT I have used.

The ups: Brilliant colors, 8ms response = gaming goodness, price is good for this nice a monitor. Comes with both DVI and VGA cables. $60 rebate from Newegg.

The downs: Not much stand adjustability, control buttons not labelled. I mailed my rebate off 3 weeks ago and still cannot find out whether it has been received and is in process or not.

Rickman

I just bought mine as well. What brightness/contrast settings do you go with? Right now I am at 30 Contrast and 40 Brightness. I'm still messing with them though.

Thanks,
Jared

I own this LCD and love it. Really nice blacks, color, etc. Came w/ no dead or stuck pixels. I will buy a second at some time.

Great for games, IMO. I don't see ghosting, etc. Ive compared it to my friend's Hundai L90(?), and mine looks way nicer.

Buy it is my vote.

I just got mine today and it has a bright green stuck pixel...makes me freaking angry.

I got two of them refurbished from newegg today for $219.99 each.

They are great displays for the price! I am very sensitive to ghosting and immediatly tested them in a few games. The 8ms rating is right on, I notice very little ghosting. I noticed some tearing but that is because I dont have Vsync enabled. One of mine has some slight backlight bleeding from the top of the screen but for refurbished and for my I am very pleased.

I didn't find them to be too bright out of the box at all, but then again my tastes in brightness tend toward the bright side. I went with 80 brightness and 45 contrast.

Got one of these back in....october I believe, works like a charm. Hasn't failed me yet, great for gaming, great picture/color quality, and it wasn't too expensive, a great monitor.

kirbyrj said:
I just got mine today and it has a bright green stuck pixel...makes me freaking angry.

Depending on the location of the dead pixel, BenQ may RMA it. Give them a call. Worse comes to worse you can always make more dead pixels to meet Newegg's dead pixel policy :p

Back