BenQ FP767-12? 12ms Response time?

FlatFeet

n00b
Hey everybody,

I play a ton of games on my comp, and have been recently thinking of going from CRT to LCD. Now I know you all think I'm crazy, cause CRT's are the best for games, but what about on a 12ms response time LCD?

I went searching around and found this one, the BenQ FP767-12 17" LCD for only around $500. It's got all the good stuff, 500:1 contrast ratio, 1280x1024, and a blazing 12ms response time.

Any word on this? Supposedly I've heard 12ms response time making ghosting extint.

Either I'm on drugs, or I should get this LCD asap.

Help a brotha out.

Well i just used the Samsung 172X for a couple of days, wich is also a 12ms unit..
Im a heavy gamer my self(play in a world top 10 UT2003) clan, so i am VERY picky when it comes to ghosting.

I can say the 172x is very good nice when playing UT, there is a little bit of ghosting but not enough to make the average gamer complain at all(had some freinds testing it out to) but i feelt that when in tough combat with lots of players it was more difficult to pin point player, than on my 17" crt. I did alot of testing in fps games with the 172x to make sure it was good enough for my needs,including; Far cry, ut2004 and Call of duty.
Here is some of my buddys´ reply´s :

In far cry; "damn i get dizzy when turning around"(me 2)
In Ut2003/2004; "Its good.....almost as good as a crt, very very playable)

I hope u get me right here, i think that this lcd is gr8 for gaming, but a crt is better, beacouse its more the picture is more " accurate"

In the end i returned the 172x lcd(i just bought a "LG Flatron 19" crt today) Beacouse a crt will serve me better for my current needs.

In "normal" use etc. net browsing and office aps, i would choose a good lcd any day over a crt, much better i think.

Thats all i got to say, i hope u can use it and sorry for my crapy english(i dont use it much) :)

"LG Flatron 19" crt

Same here :) How are you finding it? I get such a beautiful picture on mine, very sharp and crystal clear.

Back