BenQ FP241VW

travbomb

Gawd
Did anybody see this yet? All i can say is hideous. And whats with making a stand with absolutely no functionality. you think they would have learned a lesson from Sony.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news.htm#benq_fp241vw

One quick question though what is AMA-Z tech.?? I understand the BFI but what do they need this for. And what is the repsonse time in the end after all of these features?

AMA-Z is just BenQ's name for overdrive / RTC (the "AMA" part) and the "Z" represents the addition of their BFI technology. BFI is designed to help "Clean" the eye and reduce perceived motion blur. From early reports, it looks quite promising, and quite good for fast gaming. The response time of the pixels themselves remain unchanged though, and the FP241VW is rated at 6ms G2G still

The new design looks great, just wish it wasn't silver--I thoroughly prefer black (to match my black-and-blue case, black table, blue walls, black pants, blue pants, black shirts, black sneakers, black wallet, black TV, etc.)

The look of the monitor doesn't really bother me, ever--I own books and telephone directories that can raise the monitor if it isn't eye level.

EDIT: Oh, the price is what bothers me more than the color.... *SHRUG* Colors can change, prices can change.... we'll see what they come up with when it's fully released and available at a store near you!

Tytalus said:
The new design looks great, just wish it wasn't silver--I thoroughly prefer black (to match my black-and-blue case, black table, blue walls, black pants, blue pants, black shirts, black sneakers, black wallet, black TV, etc.)

The look of the monitor doesn't really bother me, ever--I own books and telephone directories that can raise the monitor if it isn't eye level.

EDIT: Oh, the price is what bothers me more than the color.... *SHRUG* Colors can change, prices can change.... we'll see what they come up with when it's fully released and available at a store near you!

Wouldn't it be the same if you just bought the WZ version and plug in your favourite speakers instead? This would be a cheaper alternative.

Back