BB Storm Upgrade

S3th13

Gawd
I currently have a little less than a year left on my current Verizon contract. There are 4 phones on the account, and when I check on the Verizon website to upgrade the phones, only the main line can be upgraded with the Annual Upgrade with Discounted Pricing. Does this mean that I won't be able to get the Storm on any of the other lines without paying full retail price? I wouldn't mind getting a new 2 year plan if I could upgrade to that phone. Do any of you know how this works?

I haven't had Verizon for a while, but I would assume you would have to pay a full retail price.

You have two options.

1. Use the upgrade on the primary line towards the storm BUT activate it on YOUR line, leaving the primary line iwth the original phone.

2. If you need more then one storm....add a new line, get the storm @ 2 year contract price, then once you have the storm, cancel your OLD line. The cancellation fee should be under Under $100 with under a year left. ($175 - $5 for every month served.)

go to your VerizonWireless store of choice and talk to a rep. tell them what you want to do.
just let them know you have X number of phones on the account and when the time comes,
would like to upgrade Y number of those phones to the Storm. all they can tell you is "No,
sorry, you can get the main line at a discount and the rest full price." or "Since your getting
so many high value items, and addon services at one time, maybe we can hook you up."

they did it for me ages ago when i upgraded 3 lines on a family plan to the now antiquated
XV6700.

of course your results may vary, but it doesnt hurt to ask them and see, right?

You have two options.

1. Use the upgrade on the primary line towards the storm BUT activate it on YOUR line, leaving the primary line iwth the original phone.

2. If you need more then one storm....add a new line, get the storm @ 2 year contract price, then once you have the storm, cancel your OLD line. The cancellation fee should be under Under $100 with under a year left. ($175 - $5 for every month served.)

First of all, would #1 actually work? and would Verizon's "once every year upgrade" for the primary allow me to get the $199 Storm, or would it be much more expensive?

I just got off the phone with Verizon. I guess what you were suggesting would work fine. I would be able to purchase the phone at $199 and activate it on any line I want.

Mhmm ;). The annual upgrade simply allows you to receive the phone at 2-year contract price. From that point, you can activate it wherever you want. Now, go get your game plan ready for Friday morning!

Do you think if I wait to get the phone for a week or two, they will still have some available?

Hard to say, really. However, the way Verizon is marketing this, or the lack there of, tells me that while it WILL sell out on Friday, within 2 weeks there will be more stock. I can't guarantee anything, of course.

Back