Battlefield: Play4Free

I'm still wondering why there is a beta for a game that was released well over 4 years ago :p. I am assuming that it's BF2 at it's core (similar to Company of Heroes Online being virtually the same as the original), but since I bought this game twice, first time lost my cds and the second time bought it off of EA's store 2 years ago and can't remember any of the logon details to retrieve my account info (not to mention EA's horrible store and "linking" the expansions to the core game which I never got to play Armored expansion because of the crappy linking system), I am still interested in playing BF2 again.

OK, after that long winded story, how is the game? Is it the same as BF2?

I havent gotten my key yet :( which sucks because I just had surgery have nothing else I can do this week :'(

Lol I had the same problems with battlefield heros. Turned into a dud for me. I miss RTCW. Is that still running?

if you're looking for a free bf2 this isnt it. to me, it feels like a bad mix of bf2 and bc2. its also really laggy atm.

they changed the classes to be like bc2. ex: medics have lmg and assault has ammo, etc... i wasn't too happy about that because medic is my favorite class, but i hate lmgs so i never play it.

i dont know if there are any other maps but karkand right now, but im interested to see what they did with chopper controls. to me, bf2 had the greatest flight controls and handling. trying to fly in bc2 is so awful.

Lol I had the same problems with battlefield heros. Turned into a dud for me. I miss RTCW. Is that still running?

RTCW? Fuck yeah. 1.41 and 1.0 are still active. 1.33 has a few servers, but you can only play with people during certain times of the day. 1.41/1.0 seem to be active pretty much 24/7.

if you're looking for a free bf2 this isnt it. to me, it feels like a bad mix of bf2 and bc2. its also really laggy atm.

they changed the classes to be like bc2. ex: medics have lmg and assault has ammo, etc... i wasn't too happy about that because medic is my favorite class, but i hate lmgs so i never play it.

i dont know if there are any other maps but karkand right now, but im interested to see what they did with chopper controls. to me, bf2 had the greatest flight controls and handling. trying to fly in bc2 is so awful.

This is exactly why I'm not interested in this pos. I love how they are castrating and watering down their bf franchise. The flight controls for choppers and jets in Bf2 were spot on imo, and they give us that consolized crap in Bc2 and now this half assed mix of both games? Isn't one wannabe BF game along with some pos free TF2 rip of BF enough? Just bring out BF 3 already jesus. I know all the casuals and people who hate to pay for games will love this but we who know, know better. :-(

I'm still wondering why there is a beta for a game that was released well over 4 years ago :p. I am assuming that it's BF2 at it's core (similar to Company of Heroes Online being virtually the same as the original), but since I bought this game twice, first time lost my cds and the second time bought it off of EA's store 2 years ago and can't remember any of the logon details to retrieve my account info (not to mention EA's horrible store and "linking" the expansions to the core game which I never got to play Armored expansion because of the crappy linking system), I am still interested in playing BF2 again.

OK, after that long winded story, how is the game? Is it the same as BF2?

You don't need the expansions anymore, patch 1.50 enabled all maps for all players.

Unlock the G3 & use red-dot or acog scope as medic.
Medic+G3+Red Dot = Pure win.

I got one and I didn't even know it. hopefully this is alright.

Back