Battlefield 4 Game (PC Digital Download) Pre-Order $47.99

This will probably come free with the 7990, or a free game bundle like EA did last time.

Gonna wait until either offer surfaces.

Aren't people speculating a November or December release? That's quite the preeeeeee-order.

This will probably come free with the 7990, or a free game bundle like EA did last time.

Gonna wait until either offer surfaces.

Same boat. I need a new card anyways, so I will be shooting for one that gives me a free game like the tons of hardware units for BF3

After the pile of shit BF3 was, I'll be sitting this one out.

BF3 = great graphics, horrible interface, takes to long to find a game, only found on origin, launches off a browser.

Oh the great days of BF1942 online and LAN, now that was an insanely entertaining and fun game.

Not sure what game you thought you played, but BF3 is a great MULTIPLAYER game. Better than that COD garbage.

It is COD garbage, it's EA garbage.

Battlefield 2 was nowhere near as arcade-like. Oh - and no mods, so again - shit.

Not to mention Battlefield '4' looks like Battlefield 3.1, let's just slap a 4 on it and sell it as a new game, even though it's essentially an expansion.

Not sure what game you thought you played, but BF3 is a great MULTIPLAYER game. Better than that COD garbage.

Definitely... and I prefer the browser-based BattleLog, means I can keep the list up and watch queues/etc. while browsing or doing whatever in another window, interface is snappy and responsive, and I don't need to load up the whole game just to browse servers. BF3 itself has top-end excellent graphics, and plays really well. Probably one of my favorite games of all time to be honest, at this point.

Definitely... and I prefer the browser-based BattleLog, means I can keep the list up and watch queues/etc. while browsing or doing whatever in another window, interface is snappy and responsive, and I don't need to load up the whole game just to browse servers. BF3 itself has top-end excellent graphics, and plays really well. Probably one of my favorite games of all time to be honest, at this point.

ditto and ditto. still getting my moneys worth out of bf3.

BF3 was horrible, and MP was wildly inconsistent (massive problems with one patch, okay the next, repeat for every patch). I'm not buying anymore BFx titles.

Give an interest free loan to EA/whoever? nah that's okay

BF3 was okay -- 2 years after release there are still issues that suck. (crappy netcode, no voip, horrible color tint)

BF4 looks to have nothing new except a new story and some new maps. Why should I pay another 120 dollars (60+cost of premiums/DLCs/whatever) for what amounts to just another map pack for BF3?

After being burned by SimCity -- why would anyone ever pre ordere again? I might pick up the game weeks or months after release, only if the reviews are good and the price is cheap. Fuck paying retail.

Is this a hot deals thread or a discussion thread?

Too much thread crap in the HardForum recently.

BF3 = great graphics, horrible interface, takes to long to find a game, only found on origin, launches off a browser.

Oh the great days of BF1942 online and LAN, now that was an insanely entertaining and fun game.

All the BF games had bad UI's. Clunky and poorly laid out. Its always par for the course to do so.

Lukewarm deal people need to realize pre-ordering from EA isn't the best. You're gonna get screwed over like they seem to be doing with a lot of their games lately. Bonus content for ordering through a preferred vendor, etc.

Didn't EA just say they want to go more micro-transaction for future games as well?

Is this a hot deals thread or a discussion thread?

Too much thread crap in the HardForum recently.

I think questioning the wisdom of preordering is part of the discussion because its what will go through peoples minds when considering this deal. And I'd say there's no reason for everyone to give EA a collective interest free loan to sit in their account for 6 months until the game comes out. There will be other 25% off deals all along the way.

I'll buy this game because I got a lot of hours from BF3 and because I recognize BF4 for what it will be -- more BF3 maps with a new name. However I'll wait until the last minute to buy it -- probably just hours before the marketing beta begins.

Last edited:
I think questioning the wisdom of preordering is part of the discussion because its what will go through peoples minds when considering this deal. And I'd say there's no reason for everyone to give EA a collective interest free loan to sit in their account for 6 months until the game comes out. There will be other 25% off deals all along the way.

I'll buy this game because I got a lot of hours from BF3 and because I recognize BF4 for what it will be -- more BF3 maps with a new name. However I'll wait until the last minute to buy it -- probably just hours before the marketing beta begins.

It's ok to have an opinion about the deal, but interjecting personal opinions about the game itself can be done elsewhere.
The same people pop-up every thread just to give their two cents.

so by your logic it would be better to pay full price at release then preorder the game now for $13 cheaper? um ok...:rolleyes:

Seems more like by his logic he wants to wait and see if the game is any good before blindly giving a company with a really bad history of crapping on its customers any money. ;)

They are 2 totally different types of games, so you can't really compare them, one is a run and gun action shooter while the other is a strategic multiplayer shooter.
That's like comparing EA's Need for speed to Microsoft's Forza.

Mediocre shooter, decent coupon.

EA game though. Origin on top of that. Not getting bought.

Why should I pay another 120 dollars (60+cost of premiums/DLCs/whatever) for what amounts to just another map pack for BF3?

I agree this is naught but a map pack- at least based off the sparse few minutes of footage we've seen so bar. But I like BF3, have no complaints about it, and I'm happy to keep the series going and to have new interesting maps to play on.

So I'm happy to pay $47 for the game, and all it's future expansions. I'm in on this pre-order precisely because I don't want to overpay: pre-purchase now and I get a mildly discounted game ($13 off) and all the DLC (the premium pack).

A very adequate deal.

This is what I see happening.

November 15- Dragon Age 3 released

December 1- BF4 released.

December 21- Due to BF4 crappy netcode and hackers exploiting it, all servers are off line, Amazon pulls the game from its store. Dragon Age 3 is 50% off for Origin customer appreciation day.

This is a dramatization!

So if this is such a great deal how many of you guys jumped on this deal???

I noticed that the majority of us that aren't getting BF4 or think it's crap have been members for a long time, while the ones defending it saying how great it is and being frantic fanboys are much newer.... Correlation? Perhaps they are still in their kiddie stage and quality doesn't matter.

Just because you've been here longer means your "tastes" are higher or better than people who have been here not as long? Please get off your high horse.

well for wat its worth, i waited until the jury was in (ie after release) for bf3. heard about some gameplay issues, saw the gfx (srsly, contrast/shadows, wtf?), looked into origin, & passed. not sorry i did. ill do the same for bf4 - but honestly, im not holding my breath

also why is $60 the new price point for like every AAA game since 2012? this is dildos

I noticed that the majority of us that aren't getting BF4 or think it's crap have been members for a long time, while the ones defending it saying how great it is and being frantic fanboys are much newer.... Correlation? Perhaps they are still in their kiddie stage and quality doesn't matter.

So anyone who likes stuff you don't is a "kiddie" and doesn't care about quality? Sounds legit (/sarcasm).

I preordered on amazon since they don't charge until the item is ready for DL and you keep the lowest price along the way. This did not pan out on a recent game since it never went on sale but when that happens I figure the ones that don't can wait until a post-release sale.

Seeing how I am getting BF4, your logic is crap.

Back