Battlefield 2042

It all came from fortnite.

Yes and no. I think the trend started in TF2 with hats. Valve even moved it to free to play. Fortnite expanded further upon it, and R6 Siege brought it into a non-cartoon game setting.

I want all that too. No skins. Its sounding like the next battlefield will come with a BR. I'm hoping they have all the skins and stuff in the BR, and leave the core battlefield game like it was back in the day. That would make everyone happy.

Its totally bizarre to me battlefield doesn't have a free BR. I'm starting to think all the devs with talent are working on fornite or COD.

I think that would be a nice idea. A separate, free to play "BF Royale" that is an entirely different game. But I doubt they will ever do that.

Its totally bizarre to me battlefield doesn't have a free BR. I'm starting to think all the devs with talent are working on fornite or COD.
You don’t remember firestorm?

Let’s also not forget, bf2042 was mostly built during Covid and was pushed though even though it wasn’t close to done at launch. Me personally, I hate BR games and bf is about the only fps I play anymore.

You don’t remember firestorm?

Let’s also not forget, bf2042 was mostly built during Covid and was pushed though even though it wasn’t close to done at launch. Me personally, I hate BR games and bf is about the only fps I play anymore.
I got a few wins in firestorm. it could have became something if they made it free.

i saw this too, but from the beta i played i always held the belief that this game is unfixable.

All the different mechanics (forget the bugs/whatever) just didn't seem that fun.

Did they radically change the game? I miss good BF.
Less tactical than most would probably want but it is a hell of a lot of fun, especially if you can pick it up for 10 bucks

View: https://youtu.be/a251mMflf5s?si=bod7lwzKUZPlC1LM

This game is tons better than launch that and TDM is really fun now due to smaller maps. Was on sale on Steam last week for the cheapest price ever you get access to all the Maps with the Base Game.

20231018040112_1.jpg

Oh you flanked me on the Roof

20231018035414_1.jpg

Even the loading screen music is good sounds like Battlefield 4 anyway

Is this game finally good and playable now? I haven't really touched it in over a year.

Last I recall the servers almost seemed empty or not enough players, was always waiting for game modes like conquest and stuff to fill up with players

It seems most games on conquest (the only mode I've played so far) seem to start within 30 seconds. My step son bought the game too. He says he doesn't like it as much as the other battlefields (he has them all) but he likes the aspect that you can use any gun with any loadout. (IE: You can use an LMG with a support/medic class, or a sniper rifle with an assault, etc)

Is this game finally good and playable now? I haven't really touched it in over a year.

Last I recall the servers almost seemed empty or not enough players, was always waiting for game modes like conquest and stuff to fill up with players

TDM is good not sure if the other modes like Conquest.

They introduced a bug thats some kind of issues with streaming textures. So now I'll spawn in a vehicle and the textures wont load for it and its just a person floating in mid air. My fav part is when other players textures don't load in and I get killed by an invisible person. The really fun part is most people now can't play more than one round as at the end of the game it wont load into the next game...just a black screen. So after 6 seasons I uninstalled the game. Also the new mode is pretty garbage with the AI that does nothing.

Is this game CPU intensive? Could my 8700K be holding me back? Moving up to a 4K display in a few weeks.

So first my pc:

13900K stock
2x16 GB DDR5 GSKILL 6800
Rtx 4090 Gigabyte Gaming
Aorus Elite Z790 AX
SSD KINGSTON 2TB
Seasonic 1300W PX ATX 3.0 PCIE 5.
win 11

I was playing BF 2042 without single crash for about month. Today after new update and new nvidia drivers, i launched game and when joining to match , in moment when mission CALEIDOSCOPE was loading it crashed to dekstop,just once. No errors in event logs. Just exit. Happened once. Is my cpu fine?

Could be anything their servers the game's software you have installed or heat issues. I haven't had a crash since I upgraded to a z790 two weeks ago but my other board was stable depending on the game.

If you have Razer Synapse installed uninstall that that thing made my system crash.

Could be anything their servers the game's software you have installed or heat issues. I haven't had a crash since I upgraded to a z790 two weeks ago but my other board was stable depending on the game.

If you have Razer Synapse installed uninstall that that thing made my system crash.
i dont had any single crash for month.........today in moment when launching mission it closed to desktop

i dont had any single crash for month.........today in moment when launching mission it closed to desktop
If it didn't happen again it could just be random. You can verify the files to see if it fixes anything should the issue persist.

Reactions: hu76
like this
Would I get any benefit from going from DDR4 2666 to DDR4 3600? Trying to boost minimum frames and smooth things out.

This is my favorite FPS on PC. Game seems better than ever, or maybe I just have gotten comfortable with more gear unlocked.

I want new maps!

Careful, you don't want to make it sound like the game is getting good after years of fixing.

Because that means it's almost time for them to announce a new one that's broken as shit because they've forgotten literally every lesson learned.

Careful, you don't want to make it sound like the game is getting good after years of fixing.

Because that means it's almost time for them to announce a new one that's broken as shit because they've forgotten literally every lesson learned.
Good is good, whether it is the result of years of fixing or perfection at launch.

This is my favorite FPS on PC. Game seems better than ever, or maybe I just have gotten comfortable with more gear unlocked.

I want new maps!
Wow. I've never heard this take. Interesting.

Have they fixed team voice chat?
Also have they addressed how God damn miserable the chopper was ? And the stupid lock ons that prevent you from flying? Lol
Last time I played the chopper was worthless.

I feel

You bro they prolly just fixed the game to not lose all the development invested and want to recover as much money as they lost which is the right thing to do after the borked launch but I'm not sure this game is even a shadow of what BF4 was?

Wow. I've never heard this take. Interesting.

Have they fixed team voice chat?
Also have they addressed how God damn miserable the chopper was ? And the stupid lock ons that prevent you from flying? Lol
Last time I played the chopper was worthless.

Have seen some of the best BF heli pilots in this version. May not be a game issue, just saying :p

Have seen some of the best BF heli pilots in this version. May not be a game issue, just saying :p
Lmao I have almost 100,000 kills in the chopper in BF4 with a clan that has multiple top 50 ranking pilots in the world. Eaaaaaasy there tiger lol you're talking to over 2k hours in the Viper boiiiiiiiiiii 💯💯💯

Yeah I see complaints of how it takes "half the team" to down a good heli :ROFLMAO: on some threads.
I doubt that bro. Must be the smaller heli not the bigger chopper. The chopper is dog doodie in this game in comparison to BF4. All the BF4 vets won't touch this game.

Lmao I have almost 100,000 kills in the chopper in BF4 with a clan that has multiple top 50 ranking pilots in the world. Eaaaaaasy there tiger lol you're talking to over 2k hours in the Viper boiiiiiiiiiii 💯💯💯
One of the engineer characters(the guy who looks like Andrew Tate), has like +50% repair speed. Just sitting in the chopper back seat repairing and with a good pilot, forget it. Nobody can down you. LOL

I still cant get the game to start since summer. I have no idea why. I tried everything but just throws the splash screen then it goes away.

One of the engineer characters(the guy who looks like Andrew Tate), has like +50% repair speed. Just sitting in the chopper back seat repairing and with a good pilot, forget it. Nobody can down you. LOL
Yea I think you guys are talking about the smaller heli which can seat 4 it was called a "little bird" in bf4, which has always been good. I'm wondering how the attack chopper is tho now a days? I have not heard or seen a single clan mate play bf2042 i wonder why lol I think the jets are ok tho right?

Back