Battlefield 2042 free for 3 days

I remember back in "the day", 1942, BF2, and even Bad Company 2 had sweet-ass multiplayer demos. Probably spent dozens of hours on those demos. 3 lousy days for a crappy game? I mean thanks, but...

OK well after a few hours of gameplay it isn't that bad, graphics were lowest setting by default for whatever reason, at ultra they about match bf3 gfx, which isn't saying much for a decade later. Theres less destruction than bf3 which is hugely disappointing (I guess they don't want to encourage antifa types in the big cities with those convienient piles of bricks). I prefer bf3 gameplay, vehicles just seem better in terms of control characteristics.

pretty disappointed with EA on this one one. They should've just refined bf3/4/5/1 but it seems they are going backwards. The little SJW lecture was just the dingleberry on top of an already disappointing game. worth downloading for free i guess, theres a day left, although i'm contemplating wether the few hundred GB write was worth the wear on my NVME.

back to bf3 for me.

Last edited:
I remember back in "the day", 1942, BF2, and even Bad Company 2 had sweet-ass multiplayer demos. Probably spent dozens of hours on those demos. 3 lousy days for a crappy game? I mean thanks, but...
and yes 1942, bf2 were absolutely epic for their time, i'll never relive those epic moments it seems.

I have 100,000 kills in BF4 on the top 100 leaderboards for attack chopper pilots played 2,000 hours.

Bought 2142 preordered for $100 as a die hard Battlefield player and have less than 6 hours played and probably not going to give it any serious attention ever.

That should sum it up for you 👎👎👎 lol

yeah i got through the tutorial then they started lecturing me on equality/gender rights etc and it really turned me off. graphics look worse than bf3 (2011) somehow.
On the upside, the propaganda is so in-your-face that people might finally start re-thinking that maybe...just maybe...WW2 games altogether are utterly ridiculous propaganda. All that comes to mind is: only if those who fought in WW2 knew what they were fighting for...

If people began to forget about WW2 and associated atrocities, they'd just start giving these games away for free. But I digress...

I remember getting the original Unreal Tournament demo on a PC gamer disc back in 1999. I played the shit out of the demo until I finally got the full game for a birthday or something.
Also playing Quake 3 Arena and the StarCraft demo at the school computer labs was tons of fun.
The Unreal Tournament 2004 demo was the most downloaded thing on the internet at the time or something crazy like that. Literally millions of downloads the first week, everyone was playing it.

I guess games were simpler back than. Now you have all the unlockable stuff and player progression so making a demo is more complicated. I think that's why they do they do the free for a few days thing instead, but It doesn't really work as well IMO because if you're too busy to play those 3 days you never get to try the game. There's better ways to do it IMO. Like free until you're a certain level or whatever.

The best for me was battlefield 1, this 2042 is garbage of a game, the only thing they hit in the game is climate change, wars, genders, etc... the game is a circus just like rolex and its celebration dial, we are waiting for bad company 3 which I guess will be good as battlefield 1, and for professionals to set maps from bf3 and bf4 such as metro, damavand peak, noshahr canals, caspian border...

Liked all of the BF games except this garbage ..preordered it and by the end of the day asked for a refund on day 1

I remember getting the original Unreal Tournament demo on a PC gamer disc back in 1999. I played the shit out of the demo until I finally got the full game for a birthday or something.
Also playing Quake 3 Arena and the StarCraft demo at the school computer labs was tons of fun.
The Unreal Tournament 2004 demo was the most downloaded thing on the internet at the time or something crazy like that. Literally millions of downloads the first week, everyone was playing it.

I guess games were simpler back than. Now you have all the unlockable stuff and player progression so making a demo is more complicated. I think that's why they do they do the free for a few days thing instead, but It doesn't really work as well IMO because if you're too busy to play those 3 days you never get to try the game. There's better ways to do it IMO. Like free until you're a certain level or whatever.
I probably had 2500 hours into Unreal Tournament 1999 GOTY will always be my favorite game of all time.
Loved UT2k4 also. Was a fantastic sequel.
I miss the UT days so much. The clan wars were epic. Ahh the good ol days.

I have 100,000 kills in BF4 on the top 100 leaderboards for attack chopper pilots played 2,000 hours.

Bought 2142 preordered for $100 as a die hard Battlefield player and have less than 6 hours played and probably not going to give it any serious attention ever.

That should sum it up for you 👎👎👎 lol
2142 or 2042? Different games. I played the hell out of the demo of 2142. Titanfall ripped off 2142.

Technically 3 full days is more generous than what they offer through PC games pass: a 10 hour (for the lifetime of your account) trial. Want more? Pay up. Fuck right off with that shit...

Back