BATTLEFIELD 1

Great update but you know the one I am waiting on is still yet to be implemented.

Kick/ban with live admins or gtfo

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
enjoying the game, not a big history buff, but anyone think SMGs are way too prevalent in this game? you don't need to know much about history to know that bolt action rifles were THE most prevalent guns at this period.

enjoying the game, not a big history buff, but anyone think SMGs are way too prevalent in this game? you don't need to know much about history to know that bolt action rifles were THE most prevalent guns at this period.

Yeah it's a huge liberty. There will be game modes with bolts and irons only so I'm okay with the choice they made.

Far too much. There are more SMGs per soldier than there were in WWII, let alone WWI. They were practically non-existent and issued in small numbers at the end of the war. Even in WWII outside of the USSR, SMGs were only given to certain positions which tended to be non-combat units. If you were a German who was using an SMG as an infantryman, you were more likely using a captured Russian weapon than a German. The mass amount of SMGs in WWII is largely a video game (and movie I suppose) myth.

Glad I did not pick this up, seeing the server issues. And as I've said, Battlelog was an excellent browser. I still plan on skipping this entry like I did with Hardline, but if I find myself bored I may pick up the base game.

This game really doesn't like it when you spray and pray, which is good.

Even having my MG on a bipod is only so effective at medium to long range.

I'm digging the mortars in this one. Support class is so far my favorite to play.
That's probably what you'll find me playing.

SMgs won't be shit once hardcore comes out :)
One shot kill from my rifle to all those nubs holding an Smg

Muahahahhaha

This game really doesn't like it when you spray and pray, which is good.

Even having my MG on a bipod is only so effective at medium to long range.

I'm digging the mortars in this one. Support class is so far my favorite to play.

SMgs won't be shit once hardcore comes out :)
One shot kill from my rifle to all those nubs holding an Smg

Muahahahhaha
Yeah, looking forward to that. My favorite way to play is Sniper w/ Infantry no-scope rifles. In a rush map when you are less than ~150 yards away it's a one shot kill.

Far too much. There are more SMGs per soldier than there were in WWII, let alone WWI. They were practically non-existent and issued in small numbers at the end of the war. Even in WWII outside of the USSR, SMGs were only given to certain positions which tended to be non-combat units. If you were a German who was using an SMG as an infantryman, you were more likely using a captured Russian weapon than a German. The mass amount of SMGs in WWII is largely a video game (and movie I suppose) myth.

Glad I did not pick this up, seeing the server issues. And as I've said, Battlelog was an excellent browser. I still plan on skipping this entry like I did with Hardline, but if I find myself bored I may pick up the base game.

Server issues?
I haven't had one issue with it yet.

Go to server browser, pick the game you want, join! Done. Enjoy.

I just checked with my preorder from cdkeys, and they will release the download like at 11:00 AM UTC

I can get the Standard edition via GMG for $48 right now. I'm considering going that way and if things really take off for me I could always pop for the rest of the content in the Deluxe and Ultimate packages. Does that sound like a good approach?

Was so bummed, paid the $5 for the ea access so I could do the 10 hour trial and see if I want it on the PC. Played for an hour then got called upstairs by the wife, didn't think of closing the game out and left it sitting at the main menu all night. Went to play yesterday only to find a message saying my trial is now used up :( contacted EA hoping they would take pity on my stupidity and they wouldn't reset the time but they did at least give me a 15% off coupon for my next purchase. Just sucks as that was my way of playing early since I dont want to pay for the $100 early enlister pakage (im cheap lol). Have the game preordered but I wont be able to play until saturday now, taking my kids to a hockey game in the city so byt the time I get home im going to be exhausted lol

I can get the Standard edition via GMG for $48 right now. I'm considering going that way and if things really take off for me I could always pop for the rest of the content in the Deluxe and Ultimate packages. Does that sound like a good approach?

Yes.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Jesus, get me all excited why don't you.

Today I had a "moment". Driving a torpedo boat, circling a Dreadnought in the fog with my gunner planking away at the ship, dreadnought firing back at us, before us almost dying launching one last torpedo sinking the ship in a glorious explosion a few seconds before the game ended. Amazing game.

What gun is that the guy is using in that video? It wrecks shit.

Mauser M1916.

A gun which actually didn't really see widespread service during the war minus a short time use in airplanes (before they had good mounted mg's).

Reactions: DPI
like this
Today I had a "moment". Driving a torpedo boat, circling a Dreadnought in the fog with my gunner planking away at the ship, dreadnought firing back at us, before us almost dying launching one last torpedo sinking the ship in a glorious explosion a few seconds before the game ended. Amazing game.

Ugh, need to preload asap so I can play right @ 9pm pst.

What's everyone's name on Orgin? I'll add ya. List here or shoot me a PM.

It's exactly what I did last night. When I got my key this morning, I subbed to Origin Access for a month so that I could play until it drops this evening.

EDIT: Oh, and my Origin username is TheRealHH if anyone feels like playing.

*blinks*

Damn.

Battlefield 1 is excellent because the series has stopped trying to be Call of Duty

Wot I Think: Battlefield 1

Battlefield 1 review

Good reviews shaping up. It sounds like even the SP is pretty good on this one.

The Call of Duty knockoff is correct. While I can't stand the campaign modes of FPSs to begin with, the one area I have to give it props is the breakout of levels. Want to learn how to fly a plane? Jump right into the plane level rather than having to plod through 4 run and gun levels just to unlock it.

And the fact that it has a plane level... I've always been terrible with Battlefield and the air vehicles. And their single player never actually taught you how to actually use them. It's always been CoD knockoff style levels, and if you wanted to learn how to fly, you had to find an empty server, which didn't teach you about aim. Sure, the levels aren't a perfect 1:1 match up to multiplayer, but it's a lot better than the past games.

One question though. I notice massive mouse acceleration, particularly in tanks. Anyone know how to turn this off? (I have the raw input selected...)

delitax

just used up my 10 hours, will be on tomorrow. add me! need squad mates for sure.

So I used a VPN to unlock the game (legally bought in my region) earlier today, something that people have done since BF3 and EA doesn't ban you for but this only unlocked the campaign. When I try to do anything online related (while signed into Origin in online mode even) BF1 tells me I'm offline and cannot connect to EA Online.

I assume this is because the game hasn't unlocked until 9PM and that should auto enable right?

Back