BattleBit Remastered

Sicario

Weaksauce
header.jpg

STEAM Link

" BattleBit Remastered is a low-poly, massive multiplayer FPS, supporting 254 players per server. Battle on a near-fully destructible map with various vehicles! "

For anyone that doesn't know, this is the game you have been waiting for to scratch that bf4 itch.

I haven't had this much fun since the BF1 launch. Let me know if anyone wants to clan up to play a few rounds. I'm still new and figuring out all the load-outs and maps.

Any recommendations? Anyone else enjoying this as much as me?

Long time battlefield fan and I say this is good. It's a 3 person dev team so don't expect miracles as they get things started but the core mechanics are very reminiscent of battlefield's better days. I suspect the quality of voice chat will degrade as the community grows, but for now it's an entertaining bonus. My only gripes are the UI would benefit from some improvements in squad visibility, literally anything map related (I yearn for a minimap), and loadout adjustments.

The graphics are jarring, but not enough to stop me from playing. The problem is: it's boring as hell so far. Same ole Battlefield (and undercooked at the moment in early access) we've seen from many years ago. Just spawn, randomly shoot / get shot, spawn again, randomly shoot / get shot, spawn again, etc... No innovative or tactical (but fun / higher paced) gameplay at all.

I have had much more interesting FPS gameplay from long-dead games and mods.

First game I am ever considering refunding.

The graphics are jarring, but not enough to stop me from playing. The problem is: it's boring as hell so far. Same ole Battlefield (and undercooked at the moment in early access) we've seen from many years ago. Just spawn, randomly shoot / get shot, spawn again, randomly shoot / get shot, spawn again, etc... No innovative or tactical (but fun / higher paced) gameplay at all.

Yeah, this just looks like Battlefield 3/4 with worse graphics. I'd rather just play those games.

I finally picked it up. its a bit weird, like it wants to be tactical, but doesn't play that way most of the time. the garphics can be jarring after awhile, especially on the darker maps or the ones with rain kinda give me a headache. its interesting, for $15 its not bad. makes me want to play squad. but that game feels like a running simulator sometimes.

I finally picked it up. its a bit weird, like it wants to be tactical, but doesn't play that way most of the time. the garphics can be jarring after awhile, especially on the darker maps or the ones with rain kinda give me a headache. its interesting, for $15 its not bad. makes me want to play squad. but that game feels like a running simulator sometimes.
Dark maps I have a super hard time with this game. And I don't have eyesight issues. Neato game, and was playing it on Deck, but the Battlebit devs are aholes and are putting in non *nix compatible DRM I believe. Their discord has been the devs being dicks to everyone else about their decision.

Game is a blast. As someone that used to play BF3/BF4 competitively I have had just as much fun screwing around in this as I used to with pubstomping public servers. The full player cap maps are insane too, just a total clusterfuck.

I think you mean anti-cheat, which is reasonable for any successful multiplayer game as success attracts losers with their hacks.
If anything those that feel strongly about it should contact all the big/reputable anti-cheat companies and ask them to include linux support ?

I think you mean anti-cheat, which is reasonable for any successful multiplayer game as success attracts losers with their hacks.
If anything those that feel strongly about it should contact all the big/reputable anti-cheat companies and ask them to include linux support ?
They're using Easy Anti Cheat (well hello, Tim Sweeney...), which is what caused all the issues in Elden Ring at launch. All the anti-cheat suites on the market are all garbage, frankly, which is yet another reason I tend to avoid online multiplayer games.

I decided to give this a shot and it’s pretty dang fun! I do kind of wish there were smaller format matches though, it’s also annoying that you can only mess with weapon attachments while waiting to deploy in a match. All in all however it’s a pretty impressive shooter for what it is.

Have played maybe 6 hours over the past few nights with a crew of friends who have all loved past Battlefield games (only two of us made it to 2042, the rest dropped off after BF3/4) and we are having a blast. It's definitely a pretty deep and tactical game although gets chaotic at times.

Also the "hop on Battlebit" memes are hilarious.

I've put about 4 hours in and it's been fun. The community reminds me of some of the old FPSes like BF1942, Tribes, SoF, Planetside, etc. where everyone is just playing to have a good time and being goofy. Most people having VOIP enabled really helps. Had some guy last night doing his best (but still not great) Optimus Prime impression, "Autobots roll out!" and a lot of players yelling and laughing throughout the maps.

I'm pretty awful at these games and only have a .6 KD so far but it's enjoyable to play regardless. The movement is quick and the mantling works better than most games, building walls is useful for cover AND to get access to out of reach ledges/windows, and it runs at 120FPS constantly with 0 stutters (28% GPU usage on my 2080ti at 3440x1440 :ROFLMAO:); all of which makes it feel great to play. I do have some quibbles with the interface and the sound design isn't great when it comes to positional audio but those are pretty minor for a $15 early access game IMO.

Last edited:

I actually refunded this. It was my second refund in 15 years. The hype was real. The game play was stale. When it hits $5 I’d bite if it was still active.

I've put about 4 hours in and it's been fun. The community reminds me of some of the old FPSes like BF1942, Tribes, SoF, Planetside, etc. where everyone is just playing to have a good time and being goofy. Most people having VOIP enabled really helps. Had some guy last night doing his best (but still not great) Optimus Prime impression, "Autobots roll out!" and a lot of players yelling and laughing throughout the maps.

I'm pretty awful at these games and only have a .6 KD so far but it's enjoyable to play regardless. The movement is quick and the mantling works better than most games, building walls is useful for cover AND to get access to out of reach ledges/windows, and it runs at 120FPS constantly with 0 stutters (28% GPU usage on my 2080ti at 3440x1440 :ROFLMAO:); all of which makes it feel great to play. I do have some quibbles with the interface and the sound design isn't great when it comes to positional audio but those are pretty minor for a $15 early access game IMO.
The proximity VOIP is one of the best parts of this game. So many hilarious moments, both from enemies and own team doing funny stuff. Have only seen a handful of annoying trolling (bass boosted/static) type incidents and it's a quick hot key to mute them anyway.

I have about 15 hours on this, play it here and there. It's been fun and reminds me of old school battle field. I agree with Gabe, there are some maps that are definitely a running simulator which is annoying. Some maps the duration of a round is painfully slow, usually the ones with lots of running.

Lots of entertaining proximity VOIP interactions though, haven't had any trolls so far.

I have about 15 hours on this, play it here and there. It's been fun and reminds me of old school battle field. I agree with Gabe, there are some maps that are definitely a running simulator which is annoying. Some maps the duration of a round is painfully slow, usually the ones with lots of running.

Lots of entertaining proximity VOIP interactions though, haven't had any trolls so far.
squad is what I was referring to being a running simulator sometimes

Reactions: zrikz
like this
Back