Which one?

• Hanns·G HG-281DPB

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • ViewSonic VX2835WM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Roberty

Extremely [H]
OK guys, which is the best cheap 27.5" lcd out there - Hans-G or the Viewsonic? I bought the Hans-G last week from Circuit City but ended up taking it back today because of a dead pixel. I thought I had fixed it with UDPixel but it keeps popping back up after a restart of Windows. Loved it other than that. I decided I'm buying the next one from Costco because of their return policy and price. Joined today.http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|84&N=4018599&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=62021&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&topnav= I can get the Hans-G for $500 or the Viewsonic for $550. Anyone have any experience with both of them or know about a head to head review? I realize they both probably use the same screen. Which one would YOU buy between the two. And no, I'm not getting a Dell.... Had one - been there done that. :D

I bought the Hanns G from Best Buy for 600, (Alaska, Shipping from pretty much anywhere negated any price difference) Also, as soon as I bought it, I took it to the geek counter, and had them inspect the monitor for dead pixels. None were found, but if they were, they will swap monitors for you right there and then.

I like it. It gives me a lot of room to spread out. I dabble in animation and non critical photoshop work, (retouching said animations) and this screen gives me lots of room to work with, even with lots of palettes.

It's also ok for gaming purposes, although I don't game much, and that is not it's primary use.
It's also nice that I have the option to use it as a tv, with the HDMI port and Full 1080p.

The way I look at it, because I am not doing anything that is color critical, A TN Panel is ok with me. My 2500 laptop has a TN Screen.
Anyway, I could buy 2 of these screens for the price of 1 30". I would do it in a heartbeat. They would give me more space than the single 30, and the color and viewing angles I can live with.

For $60 I could buy a cheap calibrator, and see what that does for the colors. However, I haven't really found a big difference between this and my previous montiors. (2x 22")

I find it to be a very impressive monitor for what I paid. I know it's limitations, and can live with them. Maybe one day, I will upgrade again, but this is still an impressive deal in my mind, for people who want maximum screen space.

I think this is about as big as you can go, and have it still be practical for everyday computing. Maybe the Westinghouse 37w3 would be ok, but I've never seen one in person. I personally thing that would mae text too big. For gaming, yes, but for word processing and internet browsing, I think this about it. For me this is a good match.

Hope that helps,

-ST-

Does anyone here own the Viewsonic? I am really thinking about getting one and would like to know what you think of it. I really want something that will do 1080p, and I like the extra inputs the viewsonic has. I could settle for a 24", but a 28' would be a pretty sweet setup.

Back