Bare min. to run divx full screen on laptop?

mustang_steve

c[H]ewbacca
Originally posted by dahoseman
wow, that sounds really...... crappy. Why would they even use that form? Is it just for having high numbers to sell the laptop or are they ultra-efficient or something?

Reasonn for this is to make the unit compact and or have extended battery life compared to faster units. The other is the units need less consideration for cooling compared to other units.

I have an old 600mhz celron lappy with 192 mb ram and I can play any divx I want smooth as silk. To bad the sound on the thing is horrible:mad:

I actually just bought the laptop and I'm pretty happy with it.... pretty good deal if I do say so myself. It's got 14.1" screen, PIII 1.0GHz, 256mb ram, 20gb hard drive and DVD Rom, Wi-fi PcMCI card all for $415 still in the original box. The video is a Cyberblade i1 with 8mb of ram, so it kind of sucks, but it seems to run divx like a champ. DVD's seem to really tax it and I can really notice the shitty video card at that point because it's just a couple FPS shy of being completely smooth. There's just a little stutter in the video here and there. Divx works decent though, which is what I originally got it for anyway...... portable movie player for trips I go on. Like you say, sound sucks on laptops, so on my recent trip from Missouri to Colorado we fixed that problem by hooking a tape adaptor from the output to the van's dash unit and it seemed to work fine.

Back