Bambu Labs Printers

Got my Bambu Lab mouse kit. Thinking of either Cobalt Blue Metallic PLA or Jeans Blue PLA-CF
Compress_20240410_123733_3339.jpg

Yes and no. LAN mode still requires the internet to function. It’s not as cut and dry as you’d think. And it still involves sneakersnet and some other work around.

So I run octopi with many of my other printers. No internet connection required. Truly just LAN printing. There’s a big difference between this and what bambu calls “lan” printing. It’s a bit misleading on their part.

Now if they address this at a later date that would be nice. So many complaints were just lodged yesterday. Nearly 10 hours of their cloud service not working. It went down multiple times.

Their cloud service actually is not regional. It’s all routed through AWS in the US. And for that reason when it went down, it did so for people in all regions.

I’m game if they fix some of these problems. But right now, the last few days, you are really starting to see the weakness in a closed source, dependent ecosystem that’s very walled off shipping label printer. Similar to Apple, except they are no where near as reliable currently.
i want to pick your collective mind on a 3D printer matter. I am slowly getting sick of laminating HF horns out of fiberglass and i am looking at a 3D printer that can make them relatively fast. The bed size need to be at least 400x400mm. I am complete noob in this so thread light on me :) Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Bambu is far too anemic for that size. There's few out of the box consumer options. Maybe look at the comgrow t500 or elegoo Neptune 4 max.

If one was comfortable building a diy printer I'd build a 400mm Vzbot.

Yeah, OOB experience on a printer that large isn't going to be turn key at all.

Seconding NightReaver's if you're comfortable building one, either 400mm Vzbot or upscale a Voron 2.4

Back