Baldurs Gate 3 - Official Discussion Thread (2019)

I see your point, let me try another search, I searched on 'gaming PC'

Always go to the 1-star reviews, first, if they are reasonable, then it's a bad product. If they're irrational, you can discard them.

That rig's 1-star reviews were largely "Doesn't turn on," so it's trash. If they were "OMG did you see the CEO like a tweet from those hwhite supremacists? Hate this company!" then it's probably fine.

I found the Druid Bear video that was on a Larian Stream just saw it nothing that bad.
The thing is the crowd was cheering in on in the video. I would post it here but don't want to get flagged.

So this is what happens when people look for a bone to pick and do so out of context. Based on the posts here i went and checked out the steam forum. My understanding is you have a mythical druid who can transform into a bear (bear form of a duid) doing what non mythical people have done for generations; only he is doing it with a vampire (the dead). Now we have someone (perhaps a troll or religious freak or someone who just needs more attention) saying that if the druid is not in human form it is illegal (ignoring that such acts with the dead are also illegal) but now we have a conflict - what is the druid were to do it with an actual bear - would that be ok or would it be a humanoid type creature doing it with a mindless beast which is also illegal even if the druid is not in human form. Oh my we need to call the lawyers quickly to resolve this tangle of a mess (ignoring the entire time that the vampire is dead and doing it with the dead is also illegal) but wait do we have a world wide fantasy law that defines when it is legal and not legal in the first place? Then we have the problem with nymphs and succumbus 'sdeducing' which is another word for 'rape' in some culture so we might as well as address those cases while we are trying to figure out if the druid in bear form doing it with a vampire (dead) is violating the law and which law exactly is being violated in this mythical world for which we have yet to see the set of laws that govern the land to begin with.

So this is what happens when people look for a bone to pick and do so out of context. Based on the posts here i went and checked out the steam forum. My understanding is you have a mythical druid who can transform into a bear (bear form of a duid) doing what non mythical people have done for generations; only he is doing it with a vampire (the dead). Now we have someone (perhaps a troll or religious freak or someone who just needs more attention) saying that if the druid is not in human form it is illegal (ignoring that such acts with the dead are also illegal) but now we have a conflict - what is the druid were to do it with an actual bear - would that be ok or would it be a humanoid type creature doing it with a mindless beast which is also illegal even if the druid is not in human form. Oh my we need to call the lawyers quickly to resolve this tangle of a mess (ignoring the entire time that the vampire is dead and doing it with the dead is also illegal) but wait do we have a world wide fantasy law that defines when it is legal and not legal in the first place? Then we have the problem with nymphs and succumbus 'sdeducing' which is another word for 'rape' in some culture so we might as well as address those cases while we are trying to figure out if the druid in bear form doing it with a vampire (dead) is violating the law and which law exactly is being violated in this mythical world for which we have yet to see the set of laws that govern the land to begin with.

Yeah the Legal Action that people want to take is stupid I hope the game stays up on Steam. People on Steam are just jumping to conclusions as their ADD dictates.

Last edited:
*sigh* When I heard about the bear thing I was wondering how long it would take before people cried bestiality. I guess it didn't take that long haha.

Still kind of on the fence about the game. I know it'll be good, but the problem with me is I still haven't finished either DOS or DOS2. I have a tendency towards never coming back to cRPG turn based kind of games once I stop them or get stuck. I might just buy it on release day just to support a day 1 DRM-Free big name game and play it till I shelve it. lol

This is the type of insanity we’re seeing everywhere in society at present.

How much of this is trolling? How much of this is the result of people having genuine mental health disorders (which we shouldn’t make fun of or dismiss). How much of this is just plain stupidity.

A video game?

OK, so this isn't a Baldur's Gate game at all, it's a Neverwinter-themed side-quel 100 percent.

So you've said...except that it is based in the same area with the city being the focus...you know...Baldurs Gate. AND it has characters from BG 2. Not every sequel is a direct continuation of the story of the previous game.

The biggest difference between the games is the old school games are 2-D and Larian is just showing off 3-D environments and characters.
It took 20+ years for 3-D isometric games to catch up to 2-D sprites.

The biggest difference between the games is the old school games are 2-D and Larian is just showing off 3-D environments and characters.
It took 20+ years for 3-D isometric games to catch up to 2-D sprites.
Yeah, the CRPG renaissance with games like Pillars of Eternity and Divinity: Original Sin all look worse than the 2D games of yore 😒

So you've said...except that it is based in the same area with the city being the focus...you know...Baldurs Gate. AND it has characters from BG 2. Not every sequel is a direct continuation of the story of the previous game.

You're right, I should just go see the Dial of Destiny, too.

359751753_7245823718767878_2729353639313762749_n.jpg

I'm missing some parts think I'll search ebay to complete these box sets missing the insert for Baldur's Gate and Instruction Book for the Ultima Online 2nd age.

Bard animation they taunt the characters when doing tunes.

Eldritch low level nuke

Moonbeam druid spell

Lol at the Bard taunts this is the real game.

Silence cast on singing harpies no idea what class could be bard.

Last edited:
I never played D&D really just collected comics but was confused about the dice damage like 1d8 would stand for I seen them used in games but never got smart to it they are used to show damage in BG. Just dice with more sides from D4 to D20 sided dice. I heard about dungeon master who would just drop a rock on a player if the owner of the comic shop didn't like them.

https://www.dieharddice.com/pages/dnd-dice-explained

I am not sure why, but I am finding it hard to get into Isometric view RPGs any more. I guess it was my years in MMOs, along with playing Mass Effect series, Dragon Age series, and Witcher 3, among others.... I just like feeling closer to the action, especially when you have combat more complex than just spamming 1 or 2 keys.

I am not sure why, but I am finding it hard to get into Isometric view RPGs any more. I guess it was my years in MMOs, along with playing Mass Effect series, Dragon Age series, and Witcher 3, among others.... I just like feeling closer to the action, especially when you have combat more complex than just spamming 1 or 2 keys.

Witcher, dragon age 2-inquisition, and masseffect are essentially spamming 2-4 keys (buttons), with the occational bumpers. I love those games, but their massively less complex than an isometric CRPG (Divinity Original Sin 1/2, Pillars of Eternity, etc). If your isometric and spamming 1/2 keys your likely playing ARPG's like Diablo and Grim Dawn.

This is a D&D CRPG. The games you listed are ARPG's, hence the action.

I just got it, like it, but still miss my Neverwinter Nights controls and camera. Wish that was the standard. Never Winter nights 2s controls and camera are why I bought it and never played again.

This is a D&D CRPG. The games you listed are ARPG's, hence the action.
I get that. I grew up on the original BG, Ultima series, NWN, and Fallout. I guess i have gotten old and have poor eyesight now, but being zoomed out away from things just turns me off to things, especially compared to the perspectives in the games mentioned.

How big is your monitor? The bigger the monitor the less I can focus.

It's going to be interesting if I can actually get into BG3. I absolutely loved BG1/BG2/ToB, but that was a different era. I'm not as patient as I was back then, and I dunno if the more action-oriented titles have ruined me. I still think of Dragon Age 1 as a Baldur's Gate spiritually successor, even if it basically grew out of Neverwinter. Guess I'll find out in a few weeks. I've had the damned early access version installed on my machine forever, but I refused to play it.

There hasn't been any good isometric ROG games that really took people in. All of the old stuff is the good stuff Pathfinder Kingmaker was pretty good the 2nd one I hardly played. Just took 3D games forever to do good isometric. Wartales is really good though playing that this weekend again.

I'm hoping controller support is gold being in EA it's not integrated. That is basically the only thing I want. It was pretty good with Divinity OS 2.

I'm hoping controller support is gold being in EA it's not integrated. That is basically the only thing I want. It was pretty good with Divinity OS 2.

I played the first version of the early access build like 40 years ago and gamepad support was fine. I can't imagine them backtracking on that, especially with console versions inbound, too.

It's going to be interesting if I can actually get into BG3. I absolutely loved BG1/BG2/ToB, but that was a different era. I'm not as patient as I was back then, and I dunno if the more action-oriented titles have ruined me. I still think of Dragon Age 1 as a Baldur's Gate spiritually successor, even if it basically grew out of Neverwinter. Guess I'll find out in a few weeks. I've had the damned early access version installed on my machine forever, but I refused to play it.

I feel te same way. Love the first two Baldurs Gate games and I thought Divinity Original sin 2 was pretty great too. Just hoping that this game can somewhat scratch the same itch that the originals did.

Had this on the Steam Wishlist since wayyyy back. Went ahead and pulled the trigger yesterday and looking forward to full release!

I've played all the BG games and will put a ton of time in on this one.

I feel te same way. Love the first two Baldurs Gate games and I thought Divinity Original sin 2 was pretty great too. Just hoping that this game can somewhat scratch the same itch that the originals did.

I have fond memories of the first 2. But you can't go back. 2 was recently free and I picked it up. Completely unplayable

I have fond memories of the first 2. But you can't go back. 2 was recently free and I picked it up. Completely unplayable
I don't know I mean I can agree that the first one didn't age well at all and is really rough to play today. But every so often I go back and play the second and it's still pretty enjoyable. Maybe it's just nostalgia for me who knows?

Are you playing the originals or the Enhanced Editions?

Enhanced, was free on Amazon. Its the player and camera controls, just, couldn't. 3 is a challenge with KB/mouse for me. I'm not as adept or just need to use a controller. The Ascent was the same for me, KB/Mouse nope, controller good to go.

I tried to replay the Enhanced Editions of BG1 and 2 a few years ago and also found it to be a struggle. There's nothing wrong with them, it's just that games since then have kinda ruined me. The same thing happened to me with the Devil May Cry remaster. I just couldn't enjoy myself not being able to see and do certain things. That's on me (and the passage of time + advances in tech), not the games.

I didn't have that problem with Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition though. Still epic and loved replaying it and some new modules. NW2, well totally different. Found it at GOG, even installing was a bitch. Play, nah. Got a refund on it.

Enhanced, was free on Amazon. Its the player and camera controls, just, couldn't. 3 is a challenge with KB/mouse for me. I'm not as adept or just need to use a controller. The Ascent was the same for me, KB/Mouse nope, controller good to go.
I honestly think the BG2: enhanced edition is worse than the original. Just add the tutu mod and experience it in all its aged glory. I recently replayed NW2 and it definitely took time to get used to the weird controls. Lots of custom tweaking and modifying settings to get it to act right. After that it was fine and I appreciated some of what they were trying to do with the control changes vs NWN1 (which I love).

Back