Bad Lenovo Flex 2 IPS diplay after repair - old image remains on screen

postcd

Weaksauce
Hello,

on Lenovo FLex 2 is IPS display, it was repaired because of various issues with the image, example:

screen displays everything with majority of purple/violet color
when i minimised some window, the display continue to display white color like it remember when there was a window
also it was blinking (normal colors and the view with majority of purple color)

the display got replaced, after a few days it was a few minutes blinking again between good view and view where was purple (or green?) a majority color - i mean colors are not balanced, but like it has much more purple color
But this issue of the replaced display stopped and several months was OK, then again stopped showing properly and now the displayed colors are with majority of green (i mean even white things are green, green major color).

Windows 10 is there, i tried and display shows wrong even in games where is used additional gaming graphical card. The display shows wrong even in bios.

What surprised me today was that
1) night i shutdown laptop [while lid was closed (so display should have been turned off) - i am using external monitor] by holding power button (force instant shutdown)
2) when i at morning turn on the laptop, and then opened the lid (i seen on the black screen - bios prompt) was a white non sharp/blurry square, like an remains color from a Windows's explorer window (probably from time i shutdown the display) isnt it strange?

It looks to me that it have to be again damage of the display..... do you guess i am right according to my description?

UPDATE: I think that the display has problem with red color

White shows as light green
Red appear as blue on the display
green appear as yellow (missing red)
blue appears as violet
Instead of black there is a mixture of colors (ghost image of what appeared in browser in the past) while dominant color is purple in color that should be black
Overal look is like a light green

So the problem is that the red color is not added to the picture i think. What are causes of the problem where single color stop working on display? And how to fix it? This is IPS display. Is it probably the display issue that is not repairable?

I had this problem two times already and changing cables not helped. Display was replaced on both cases. Unhappy about wasting money and material this way. Will use external monitor next time this happen. :-/

Back