Bad Ass Real-time Gamer System Specs....

mrcamper

n00b
Help.
I need Specs for fastest real-time gaming system available?

-No liquid Nitrogen
-Has to fit into a mid-sized tower case
-Cost is no object
-Has to be the fastest fill rate, pixel pusher, available for Unreal Engine 3 performance

you can see what we do at http://www.rtranger.com
basically 80+mm polys in Unreal 3

we have looked at all the commercially available companies, Dell, Alienware, HP, Boxx,.... peh!

any better ideas? build our own?

If this is for just actual gaming then that's easy enough.. you're just going to be looking at the high-end video card offerings as well as SLI/CrossFireX.

If you're doing some kind of CAD/design work within the Unreal Engine 3.. similar to autodesk, 3dsmax,
Catia, Ensight, Maya, Proe, Ugnx, etc.. you may have to look into professional workstation graphics. These cards are extremely expensive, and the hardware is essentially the same as their mainstream counterparts, but the drivers make all the difference (huge differences) in how these cards perform in programs such as those listed. In some cases possible to softmod a mainstream card to the workstation card to save quite a bit of money (thousands).

Check into the AMD FirePro & Nvidia Quadro/Tesla lines.

ok, i'll start with

motherboard
Intel® X79 Express Chipset
overclocked to equal or over 5gHz?? even posible??

cpu
2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Extreme Edition

memory
Intel XMP, quad channel

video
Nvidia GTX all the way

hard drives
Windows 7 trim SSD support

power
80 plus platinum

cooling
air?
liquid?

Last edited:
Thanks Bodan, but in actual hands on testing the quadro and tesla lines actually choke on our fill rate requirements.... and any AMD video can barely run our environments.

Last edited:
OK so what software are you actually using? Are you talking about using Autodesk and importing into Unreal 3 SDK with FBX? Or are you working directly inside the Unreal 3 SDK? You need to provide a lot more information if you want feedback.

In addition to bodan's questions: Is the application you're using that heavily multi-threaded? I.e can it scale past 4 cores? And does it use a lot of RAM?

Back