Back to Splinter Cell: CT

Khaydarin

2[H]4U
Ahh......yess.....

The goodness of playing as Sam Fisher in SC:CT is back for me. I had been playing it, and loving it, but it was on my Dad's portable DVD drive. He took it when I was a good way through, then it wasnt until recently that my brother gave me his DVD-ROM drive. Its installing now, and I cant wait to see it in a res higher than 1280x1024 (since I went from a 17'' to a 19'').

Should be amazing, as it was the first time I played it. :D

Does anyone know how the next Splinter Cell is doing in terms of developement/release? Anyone waiting to buy it?

***EDIT***
Something's wrong. Installed the game, gave it the right CD Key, and it gives the splash-title screen then closes the game with an "A Problem Has Occured with SC:CT....ect ect" error.

Any ideas??? :( :(

new splinter cell is do out between Q4-Q1 2007 IIRC, but this is straigh out of memory. il let you do the leg work

That game has Starforce protection... that might be causing it

(BTW its one of my favorite games but I dont think I will get to play it again because of starforce ) :(

What OS are you using? I see that you have a 64-bit CPU and if you're using a 64-bit OS, SC:CT won't run. It's limited to XP/2k/Server 2k3 32-bit.

I tried reinstalling it - no go.

I tried reinstalling it then installing the patch - no go.

I tried reinstalling it then changing the resolution - no go.

I tried reinstalling it with my anti-virus off - no go.

Grrrr......I'm using WIndows XP 32-bit SP2. I got it last Xmas, and it worked just fine then. I dont know what happened. It just wont start without giving me the error that says "SplinterCell3.exe (or whatever) has encountered an error. We're sorry for any inconvenience."

Khaydarin said:
I tried reinstalling it - no go.

I tried reinstalling it then installing the patch - no go.

I tried reinstalling it then changing the resolution - no go.

I tried reinstalling it with my anti-virus off - no go.

Grrrr......I'm using WIndows XP 32-bit SP2. I got it last Xmas, and it worked just fine then. I dont know what happened. It just wont start without giving me the error that says "SplinterCell3.exe (or whatever) has encountered an error. We're sorry for any inconvenience."

Um....stupid question...have you tried any of the fixes in the Dual Core gaming thread? 170's a dual core, iirc, so that might be the issue. I'd get consistent crashes with Far-Cry until I did the Windows hot-fix, and since the I've had no problems, including running SplinterCell on my system (Opty 175, 7900GT). Maybe one of those fixes might help

As it turns out.....the game works now - KINDA.

It works on every user except mine. So when I want to play the game, I just log onto my brother's non-passworded account. Its odd though......

The game works really well besides that. But I wonder why it doesn't work on my user. I had the same issue with BF2 before - except it would only work on one user.

Hell..blame Starforce!!!!BTW..its an older ver. of SF also.. :mad:

Yeah.....that's kinda what I was thinking.

At least I can even play the game. I was wondering if I had wasted my money....

I checked eb games and it says splinter cell 4 is coming out in april of this year..has it been pushed up?

well, i bought the game used on amazon.com.

i replied to this thread originally while the game was in transit.

now, i install the game, and when i go to play, it won't accept my dvd key that is printed inside the box. "Not valid"

wtf, i loved this game on xbox, and i wanted to play through it again on pc. my dreams are shattered :(

what do you suppose i do? Should i contact ubi via customer support, or would i get nowhere

Back