Back @ FAH

psyshack

Limp Gawd
Hello

I just put my Sig Rigs to work for Team 33. Been a long time since I've ran FAH.

Welcome back.

Depending on how long you have been away make sure you have a passkey

Welcome back psy. That 980 will grab you some PPD. With Kepler and Fermi I get better PPD by flagging them for core 15's. Mind you my 650Ti isn't as powerful as your 760's but still over a day to complete with core 18 and sometimes over 2 days for core 17 with mine. Just FYI

Hello

Nathan Got the passkey right away.

Toconator thanks for the input.

I won't be farming or borging this time around. Just thought it a tad sad to have all this horse power and not do anything with it 80% of the time. Nice to see the basic client come of age. To bad I still don't see any of the ass hats that in the end will profit from this research not throwing some HP into the fight.

I think I'll join team 33 come fall. How do you guys feel about FAH? Has there been confirmed useful work that came from it?

I can't recommend WCG highly enough; well run, steady work, published results, and all for great causes. It is, imho, the all-around best of the BOINC projects.

Just my $.02...

I think I'll join team 33 come fall. How do you guys feel about FAH? Has there been confirmed useful work that came from it?

F@H is about the pure research, there have been lots of papers but its research focus is more geared towards others doing the applied research to generate drugs, although they are moving in that direction for a few projects. Your best bet is to read through the F@H projects found here http://fah-web.stanford.edu/new/psummary.html

This will give you a brief description of what they are working on atm.

Awesome, thanks. As soon as the weather turns cold I'll give it a shot. :)

Back