B3: A thin Steam Machine based case

I set it online in the same time i start the first crowdfounding campaign for the A4. Actualy the A4 has the highest priority. :)

Dondan, is it possible to place the case vertically? I ask this because I like the fact that it's 2L less than the new Ncase offering. I like have the choice of being able to lay it flat for living room tv use and vertically up as a normal pc.

I set it online in the same time i start the first crowdfounding campaign for the A4. Actualy the A4 has the highest priority. :)

Has this already been done or will this be done in the future? I didnt quite understand. :p

If already done, could you please link?

Greetings

How about a HDD and slim odd rack above the GPU?
I would use this as a HTPC, and don't feel like getting an external ODD, or external HDD for my movie collection.
Also I would prefer that the entire GFX card is vented, as most cards don't use reference heatsinks, or have the same length.

This would be my preference as well. I would love to see the the entire length of the GPU vented for the larger coolers, and honestly without an ODD it would be a no-go for me. I need to be able to play bluray movies.

Other than that it looks perfect. Pretty much a copy of the Valve steam machine which I think a lot of people want including myself. Doesn't really get more space efficient than that.

Any chance of flipping the graphics card with the same flex riser from the A4, so that the fans from the GPU/CPU/PSU are all on the same side of the case.

It would be cool to do that, but for the card to lay flat at same height as the motherboard it would mean adding like 2 or 3 inches to the case. Note that riser connector takes some space and the cables need some place to safely bend and you need some distance between motherboard and the card for optional PEG connectors.

Flipping the card is good idea if you have a long riser and the card is higher than/above the motherboard but maybe not in this config.

Back