AWOL

ChristianVirtual

[H]ard DCOTM x3
Looks like mid Nov to mid Dec I’m on a business trip to Singapore and then to the Homeland of Samsung ... never went there, quite excited. During that time I need to shutdown my main GPU box but keep WCG running.

I might be out of town the week of the birthday bash as well.

Looks like mid Nov to mid Dec I’m on a business trip to Singapore and then to the Homeland of Samsung ... never went there, quite excited. During that time I need to shutdown my main GPU box but keep WCG running.

Safe travels during your journey! We’ll all be here when you return.

Ax

ChristianVirtual, while in the land of Samsung, tell them to get that tech for wiping all of Android off of phones and how-to's for loading a full Linux distro documentation posted to the public...lol. I have a Galaxy S3 that could really use that kind of love from Straight Talk. Due to the age of the version of Android on it, there is less and less it is allowed to do.

The guys in IRC would certainly have a heyday with this one, but I finally got a desk in my office and apparently my wife wanted the 37" TV in the livingroom. Which means my office lost the 32" to the bedroom and has "gained" the 50". Instead of hooking up old 17" monitors, this will become my display....
Clara 50.jpg

The guys in IRC would certainly have a heyday with this one, but I finally got a desk in my office and apparently my wife wanted the 37" TV in the livingroom. Which means my office lost the 32" to the bedroom and has "gained" the 50". Instead of hooking up old 17" monitors, this will become my display....
View attachment 41808
You poor facker, I know it'll be a struggle but you'll pull thru ...

Theres been a change in the weather. It's -18C and blowing snow here so I'm not going AWOL but my F@H and CSG ppd might go down a bit as I think I'll be firing up a GAME or two for the first time since May...

What game?
well my GTX970 is a little chunky at 1440p with the new hi res texture pack in Fallout 4 so I'll probably opt for a strategy title or maybe try to relearn my Logitech controller and hit some Witcher3 ...

I downloaded Supreme Commander: FA last night and played a quick game. That the kind of strategy game you're referring to?

I downloaded Supreme Commander: FA last night and played a quick game. That the kind of strategy game you're referring to?
One of the ones yes, I have that one and the original on Steam. I played the original for hundreds of hours back in '07-'08 when it first came out. It's what drove me to a bunch of upgrades at the time and I have a few mods and a bunch of maps which will work in SC:FA if put in the proper directories. Galactic Civ 3, Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion and Company of Heroes are other ones I've played recently, well if you can call early last Spring recent ...

If I recall, SC hits the cores pretty hard once your unit count approaches max.

Lately when I fire up Destiny 2, I drop WCG to 4 cores instead of running 7. I have not had an issue with it running in the background on 4.

When I game I close the BOINC manager completely on my gaming rig until I'm done playing. lol

If I recall, SC hits the cores pretty hard once your unit count approaches max.

Lately when I fire up Destiny 2, I drop WCG to 4 cores instead of running 7. I have not had an issue with it running in the background on 4.

Actually it's not the cores so much as it is RAM. It's an old 32 bit engine which restricts the RAM to 2 GB which bogs down the late game when unit counts get high, especially with more players / A.I. Running a small batch prog to enable LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE to the SupCom.exe helps tremendously.

Only seen you online once when you initiated the friend request. Haven't seen ya since.

I've played a handful of games vs the AI over the weekend.

I see only one thing in those photos that resembles food....and it needs cooked. lol

Home, sweet home ... so comes a busy and interesting business trip to an end ...
I’m tired ...

Back