Averatec AV3250HS60 $848

looks decent to me, altough i dont know too much about the mobile amd chips

the size is nice and small ...which is a big plus

They're not bad looking in person either, I've often played with that laptop at Sam's. That model has been out a while though, they might be due for a refresh coming up (purely speculative, no basis). Also, maybe head over to the fatwallet hotdeal forum and see what Dell deals are going on to see if they have anything around the same price that you like better. :)

Not a bad laptop, but like workingnonstop said you might want to check out fatwallet to see what other deals are out there.

Great laptop, yes... my brother has that model except for an 80 gb hard drive. The price is not fantastic though, he got his at CC about two weeks ago for $750... so if you can find it in that price range I would say go for it.

Its built-in WiFi is great too, it links with everything G I've tried. I tried it with WPA on a Negear router, which would not link with a linksys card, and it worked fine. So as far as I'm concerned, the networking is great. My brother has reported problems elsewhere, but it's all Cisco equipment there which has a tendency not to work with non-Cisco products (in my experience, when I was working in a networking department deploying Cisco WiFi gear).

If you're into the P-M, there's an Intel version of the same notebook out.

Back