Average AMd 2400+ temps?

carblow12

Limp Gawd
What are the average AMD Anthlon xp 2400+ averages temps. Im geting like 47 Idle.

I built one for a teacher and we had some major temp problems, the thing was running like 55 idle and 69 load. Seems that those darn 2400+ just like to run a little hot.

my brothers (mine really) modded to MP's run pretty stable at 40c idle 48 load, stock cooler

When you took it off and put it back on, you needed to re-artic silver the processor. Since I don't think you did the contact between the HSF and Proc has been mest up.

As for buying a different HSF yeah sure, just not that one, looking into a Thermalright like the SLK-900 or something similar.

My 2400 is running about 45C on idle and 51C on load. this is in a 21.6C room and my panaflo L1A 7volted

It all depends on your heatsink and room temp. Mine runs with a small overclock at 37c to 38c idel to 45c to 46c load. The difference in temps I would say depends on what we have it in the house at the time. You can see what heatsink and all I have in my sig. I have had it as high as 2.25 or so and my temps went as high as 50c I think it was. But to get that I had to up the V and that really helps the temps go up fast.
If I was running as hot as you are I would get a better heatsink asp. I am told that the XP can take them temps no problem. But I like mine down close to what I have if not better.

I run mine OC'd to speed in sig, I use a Vantec Aeroflow, and the cpu almost never goes above 35C under load, sits at around 30C idle. Hottest it ever was recently was 43C at a lan party with 6 computers, room was around 79F :)

Back