I bought the Way of Water on 4K Blu-ray (just for the 4K HDR eye candy) and still haven't watched it yet...the first movie was pretty bad for a James Cameron movie and seemed more like a prototype for 3D technology...I was hoping the 2nd movie would improve things but I hear it's basically the same with better visuals

I bought the Way of Water on 4K Blu-ray (just for the 4K HDR eye candy) and still haven't watched it yet...the first movie was pretty bad for a James Cameron movie and seemed more like a prototype for 3D technology...I was hoping the 2nd movie would improve things but I hear it's basically the same with better visuals

The first movie wasn't that intelligent but it was an okay film. The second has a boring struggle, boring characters, is very long, even more stupid, and spends a lot of time focusing on CGI blue children doing boring children things.

I'm in!*
(*as long as I can play the humans who hunt the blue guys)

I was going to say the same thing. If the campaign has both perspectives it might be interesting. Would also change up the gameplay to use the VTOL or mechs. The best characters in the first movie were the bad guys anyways.

The first movie wasn't that intelligent but it was an okay film. The second has a boring struggle, boring characters, is very long, even more stupid, and spends a lot of time focusing on CGI blue children doing boring children things.

I was going to say the same thing. If the campaign has both perspectives it might be interesting. Would also change up the gameplay to use the VTOL or mechs. The best characters in the first movie were the bad guys anyways.
The mechs were the shit with those huge ass Ka-bar's and the fighting stance.

I enjoyed watching it in the theater, but it’s not really a “great” movie. They could have done with knocking at least half an hour off the movie and cutting one or two subplots.

As for the game: I’m interested. It’s looking good so far. At least it’s right between Spidy 2 and FF7 Rebirth so there should be time to play it.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora– PC Specs Revealed

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...avatar-frontiers-of-pandora-pc-specs-revealed

the 4K UHD of avatar 2 actually is one of the worst HDR UHDs. It's near SDR light levels.. Kinda disappointing. John Wick 4 might change your mind about HDR tho.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora– PC Specs Revealed
5800x3d/7900xtx needed for 1270p/60 fps, 5600x/6800xt for 960p, Snowdrop title could get really heavy.

At least the visual look really like something that did not exist for realtime until recently.

30 fps at 720p-low setting on a 1070, will probably put this one in the list of title that do not really run anyomre on a 1060 6GB

the 4K UHD of avatar 2 actually is one of the worst HDR UHDs. It's near SDR light levels.. Kinda disappointing. John Wick 4 might change your mind about HDR tho.

I actually watched Way of Water 4K Blu-ray a few nights ago for the first time...movie was better than the first one but was still pretty silly overall...but at least it felt more like a Cameron action movie and the characters were a bit more interesting this time as well

as far as the 4K HDR quality I thought it looked very impressive...too many people equate HDR with eye blinding brightness...Way of Water had a very natural looking color palette...it's not an HDR showcase but it looked really good (Dolby Vision would have made it even better)...skin tones, black levels were spot on...very minimal softness...overall I thought it was an excellent transfer helped immensely by being the first Disney 4K Blu-ray to be put on a 100GB disc (versus the typical 66GB)...this really needed to be put on two 100GB discs for maximum bit-rate quality

as i said... can't wait for the screeching.

2023 might have the most visually impressive and GPU crushing games in the history of gaming- Phantom Liberty expansion, Alan Wake 2, Forza Motorsport 8, Spider-Man 2, Burning Shores expansion

2023 might have the most visually impressive and GPU crushing games in the history of gaming- Phantom Liberty expansion, Alan Wake 2, Forza Motorsport 8, Spider-Man 2, Burning Shores expansion
yeah we may be at that crysis point again, gpus need to catch up, and id prefer without the software trickery.

Phantom Liberty wasn't that bad, at least with DLSS. Even then you could turn off ray tracing and it would still look fairly good with high frame rates. Horizon Zero Dawn ran great while looking great, Forbidden West looks similar but that isn't out yet.

Horizon Zero Dawn ran great while looking great, Forbidden West looks similar but that isn't out yet.

I was referring to Spider-Man 2 and Burning Shores in regards to pushing the PS5 to its limits...should look even better on PC

I was referring to Spider-Man 2 and Burning Shores in regards to pushing the PS5 to its limits...should look even better on PC

Looking forward to those two. Horizon Forbidden West has a Steam page up. I assume Spider Man 2 will be at least 2 years.

As for this Avatar game, some of the recent videos make it look ugly. Washed out, excessive fog (poor draw distance/performance?) that I haven't seen in years, devoid of color, low resolution textures. It plain looks ugly and dated. But I have to assume the recent videos posted are from consoles or low settings.

It plain looks ugly and dated. But I have to assume the recent videos posted are from consoles or low settings.
you sure youre not seeing all the dlss garbage? thats what i see and that video up a couple shows how crap it is...

Phantom Liberty wasn't that bad, at least with DLSS. Even then you could turn off ray tracing and it would still look fairly good with high frame rates. Horizon Zero Dawn ran great while looking great, Forbidden West looks similar but that isn't out yet.
Certainly does, 9900k/3080 no RT I can pretty easily stay north of 100 fps. Boost it with DLSS if I wanted to.

The world looks bland, but I’m assuming… maybe incorrectly… that Ubisoft is playing it safe, and showing off the game the way most people will see it - in other words they dialed down the settings?

I have a 4090 and a 7800x3D and games like Cyberpunk, at 4K, look incredible… but, according to Steam’s statistics, less than one percent of gamers have this hardware.

I don’t know… something weird is going on here.

I imagine that in person, no compression, on a large and good TV-sound system that it could clearly not PS4 generation anymore

I kinda skipped through this video but the world to me looks nothing like Pandora and more like a generic jungle.

Pandora itself looks like a generic jungle :D ...even the creatures/animals are very generic looking...only those flying dragon creatures are somewhat unique looking...in Way of Water the sharks, whales etc look the same as regular whales etc with a slight tweak to give them an alien look...I'm disappointed in James Cameron for his lack of creativity...the plants look better than the creatures

you sure youre not seeing all the dlss garbage? thats what i see and that video up a couple shows how crap it is...

All the recent videos in this thread look bad. I'm sure it will look better, or assume it will. Because the recent videos make it look very dated. I assume console or low settings. If not, it is one ugly game for 2023.

Wondering how long this will be. Have any previews/articles given any mention of that? Given the season pass costs an additional $40 I assume this is a bigger game. At first I was thinking this would be more like the recent Assassin's Creed game, a smaller game. But it seems like this is Ubisoft's big game of the year in place of a larger Assassin's Creed or Far Cry game. But I'm wondering if it is closer to 30-40 hours, or closer to 80-100 hours.

Next year has the Star Wars game coming out which seems to be a large game, plus a larger Assassin's Creed game. Doubt we'll see a Far Cry in 2024.

Wondering how long this will be. Have any previews/articles given any mention of that? Given the season pass costs an additional $40 I assume this is a bigger game. At first I was thinking this would be more like the recent Assassin's Creed game, a smaller game. But it seems like this is Ubisoft's big game of the year in place of a larger Assassin's Creed or Far Cry game. But I'm wondering if it is closer to 30-40 hours, or closer to 80-100 hours.

Next year has the Star Wars game coming out which seems to be a large game, plus a larger Assassin's Creed game. Doubt we'll see a Far Cry in 2024.
Most of the Far Cry games are around the 50-60 hour mark, so assume that.
It's not a small game like Mirage.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora Season Pass

Frontiers of Pandora will include 2 new story expansions- 'The Sky Breaker' which arrives in the summer of 2024, and 'Secrets of the Spires' which drops in fall of 2024...full Season Pass content:

Bonus Quest: Familiar Echoes (Launch) - Infiltrate a highly secured RDA military base and hack their classified data to sabotage them from the inside

Story Pack #1: The Sky Breaker (Summer 2024) - A mysterious shadow looms in the sky, threatening the Na’vi clans below who are celebrating at their great festival of games. Face the RDA and protect the unity of the clans

Story Pack #2: Secrets Of The Spires (Fall 2024) - Engage in epic aerial combat on your banshee to uncover the secrets of this new canyon region and restore the peace before it’s too late! Coming Fall 2024

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InP1dFOEFes

Back