Auzentech X-plosion Vista drivers released BUT...

vsboxerboy

2[H]4U
I got a BSOD while installing it and get a BSOD every time I try to boot into vista again :mad:

Anyone else have an xplosion and vista?

I'm currently messing with trying to un/re/install it thru safe mode...

I can put my X-Plosion back and try the driver tomorrow, damn they got the Vista 64's driver ready for X-Plosion first but not for X-Meridian, other companies have the driver for their latest product ready first..

when i run the setup i'm getting an error saying it can't find any c-media device. If i try and install the driver from the device menu it says it can't find any valid drivers.

According to the website it says that the x-plosion vista drivers are still in the works, even though they seem to be avaiable on the download page.

you know, i read elsewhere that the XP drivers work so I tried it and it does work. Still, if the vista drivers are on the download page, I would expect them to work, ya know?

I have the same problem with it giving me an error that it cannot find the device. I think the drivers that are posted are for X-Mystique only since in the file name it states "PCI8768" which is the Cmedia chip found in X-Mystique. The X-Plosion has the 8770 chip.

you know, i read elsewhere that the XP drivers work so I tried it and it does work. Still, if the vista drivers are on the download page, I would expect them to work, ya know?

The XP Drivers work for me in x86 however SPDIF passthrough does not!

vishank,

I really hope your kidding, the entire reason that I got the damn card is so that I can use the SPDIF passthrough!...........Again, I was able to get past the problem of it saying that it does not find the device by adding the device through safe mode, but that caused vista to not even get boot at all! I emailed auzentech...hopefully they will come up with a fix in the next few days.

man this is fucking lame...

I shoulda just got an external DTS encoder

Installed fine for my X-plosion card.. :cool:

If the installer doesn't recognize your soundcard try first installing the latest or second latest XP-drivers in vista.. And then installing these on top of them..

The GUI is a little bit different now it seems..

Oh.. and make a restore point before installing.. Just in case... ;)

Damn.... SPDIF Passthrough still isn't working with these Vista Drivers! I am disappointed... it was working on my onboard sound card...

yeah, I installed the vista drivers over the XP drivers and my SPDIF does not work, although the digital output for the xplosion now has a volume bar to its right whereas it did not before.

so has anyone been able to get their spdif to work with their xplosion.....I've sent an email to auzentech about the problem

No Dice. May have to return the card I just bought it today...I didn't realize that SPDIF wasn't working for DD/DTS yet in Vista.

There are vista drivers on the manufacturer site now. I had trouble with the installer, but once I updated vista with autopatcher May 2007 it installed perfectly. I can even output regular mp3 stereo using either digital format and my rx says dolby digital EX or DTS ES! Just remember to:

1. Completely uninstall the drivers for all current soundcards including the X-Plosion. Also all other cards besides the xplosion need disabled or physically uninstalled.
2. Then, download and install Autopatcher May 2007 for vista or run windows update.
3. Next, download and install http://www.auzentech.com/data/PCI8768-FULL-03_0716.zip
4. Enable the analog portion of the xplosion sound card in the vista control panel to 8 channel.
5. Enable the digital portion of the sound card in the vista control panel for digital output and ensure dolby digital, dts and wma are checked under the properties tabs.
6. Tell vista media center to output 8 channel audio over an analog connection (requires running the vista mc set up again).
7. Open the xplosion console xear 3D and click the round button to enable digital, then select DTS interactive or Dolby Digital.
8. It is not necessary to hook any analog cables up; only hook the digital spdif cable to your rx.

Steps 4 and 5 are so that the sound card will decoded multichannel channel audio (stereo, 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1) from media center or any windows program and send it out as DD or DTS to your RX.

This setup will also take dolby digital soundtracks and send them out as DTS or vice-versa, but will also send stereo out as upconverted DD or DTS. NOTE: without enabling the analog part of the card, I could not get any of this to work including the DTS NeoPC or the DSP.

There are vista drivers on the manufacturer site now. I had trouble with the installer, but once I updated vista with autopatcher May 2007 it installed perfectly. I can even output regular mp3 stereo using either digital format and my rx says dolby digital EX or DTS ES! Just remember to:

1. Completely uninstall the drivers for all current soundcards including the X-Plosion. Also all other cards besides the xplosion need disabled or physically uninstalled.
2. Then, download and install Autopatcher May 2007 for vista or run windows update.
3. Next, download and install http://www.auzentech.com/data/PCI8768-FULL-03_0716.zip
4. Enable the analog portion of the xplosion sound card in the vista control panel to 8 channel.
5. Enable the digital portion of the sound card in the vista control panel for digital output and ensure dolby digital, dts and wma are checked under the properties tabs.
6. Tell vista media center to output 8 channel audio over an analog connection (requires running the vista mc set up again).
7. Open the xplosion console xear 3D and click the round button to enable digital, then select DTS interactive or Dolby Digital.
8. It is not necessary to hook any analog cables up; only hook the digital spdif cable to your rx.

Steps 4 and 5 are so that the sound card will decoded multichannel channel audio (stereo, 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1) from media center or any windows program and send it out as DD or DTS to your RX.

This setup will also take dolby digital soundtracks and send them out as DTS or vice-versa, but will also send stereo out as upconverted DD or DTS. NOTE: without enabling the analog part of the card, I could not get any of this to work including the DTS NeoPC or the DSP.

That works, but it isn't not true passthrough. There will be a noticeable downgrade in sound quality compared to a direct passthrough.

Maybe I have horrible luck, but DDL is no go on this card for me. The drivers are utter trash and no matter what I do, I can't get it to do the thing I paid $100 for it to do. If anyone has any advice I would love you forever.

Back