AutoPlay not working right...

Stang Man

2[H]4U
Every time i insert a disc into my cd-rom now it'll go into the "explore" mode. It doesn't read the autorun.inf at all, and it's not because of the Autoplay configuration settings.

i ran MS' Autofix.exe to see if it could repair the AutoPlay settings, and it didn't fix anything.

what can i do?

Don't know if you have tried this yet, but you might try clicking on the drive (empty) and choosing properties, then Autoplay, and the resetting everything that you see in the drop down box to whatever it is you want it to be. Of course, you could tell it to prompt you each time... that's up to you.

You might also get TweakUI from MS's website. Install it, go to the Autoplay section, uncheck everything, reboot, recheck everything, and reboot again. Not saying that'll fix it, but can't hurt at this point!

If this just started happening, a restore point might help you out as well.

Cheers.

arkamw said:
Don't know if you have tried this yet, but you might try clicking on the drive (empty) and choosing properties, then Autoplay, and the resetting everything that you see in the drop down box to whatever it is you want it to be. Of course, you could tell it to prompt you each time... that's up to you.
That's what i meant in my above post.

You might also get TweakUI from MS's website. Install it, go to the Autoplay section, uncheck everything, reboot, recheck everything, and reboot again. Not saying that'll fix it, but can't hurt at this point!
hmmm, I'll exhaust all options before installing extra software.

If this just started happening, a restore point might help you out as well.
I don't use restore points, and... this is a pretty fresh format, only about a week old.

Thanks for the help though, if it comes down to it I'll check out TweakUI

cheers :)

my digi. cam's autoplay hasn't been working right for a long time, now..I've tried messing with stuff, but to no avail.

Back