Auto OC MoBO

dremic

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there a motherboard out there for LGA 1155 i52500k that will auto overclock and work correctly? I know asus has some boards with features like this.

I need a new MOBO that can overclock because i feel like my stock i5 2500k is slacking in comparison to my 670. But I dont want to have to touch the voltage tbh

suggestions would be dope. nothing over 250$ as I am trying to spend less money because I will probably buy a new machine when the new architecture chips come out next year

My P8Z77-V Pro was able to take my 3770K to 4.4GHz stable with the in-Windows "Auto Tune" program, but it overshot the voltage by quite a bit. Raising the voltage is usually necessary if you want a decent OC, and the motherboard auto-OC programs will raise it by more than necessary in most cases.

Auto OC is stupid when you can just go into the bios and change the multiplier, especially if you don't want to change the voltage.

Auto overclocking does play with your voltages and a few other settings. That being said ASUS and MSI work very well for doing this. MSI's actually a bit better in this regard despite preferring ASUS' UEFI over theirs. You'll see anywhere between 4.2GHz and 4.6GHz. Your chip may be able to do 5.0GHz if you do it manually and can keep it cool.

Auto-overclocking is fine, but no substitute for doing it yourself.

Back