Audio Technica ATHM40FS Precision Studio Headphones - 60% OFF, New Price $60 shipped!

Dylan80

[H]ard|Gawd
more than $20+ cheaper than newegg's sale, and over $40+ more than almost all other stores.... now discounted 60% off!!!

Audio Technica ATHM40FS Precision Studio Headphones
discounted right now to
$60 shipped (these same exact headphones are $80+s/h on neweggs sale page right now)

These are not just your normal headphones... you should definitely check the reviews if interested :)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Ordered one... lets see how they run. Can anyone recommend me a good headphone amp? I wanna try going tube style...

thanks OP, looks like a good deal.
How well will these work for gaming? :)
is an amp necessary?
I notice they are 60 ohms, my other ones are 150

Amp not needed, but will definitely help if you truly need one.

Gaming? It will be hella good I presume :D

Hm, seemed like amazon price matched.....They dropped the price on amazon too, its below $60 now!

BH will charge sales tax also for some people

ya, thanks op. I got them for $52 on amazon and opted for the free shipping.

Looks like Amazon already raised back up the price; says $63.24 when added to cart :(

Supply and demand :D

It's still not far from the sale price though... but at least it only went 2 buck higher than what I paid yesterday (only $2, what can you get online for $2 anyways? lol an HDMI cable maybe.)

Supply and demand :D

It's still not far from the sale price though... but at least it only went 2 buck higher than what I paid yesterday (only $2, what can you get online for $2 anyways? lol an HDMI cable maybe.)

well, phooey! I hate it when supply and demand works against me lol

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Will this small amp work with these headphones well? They are cheap, its made in China, but it is a tube hybrid amp... worth getting to match this pair of cans?

1) It will work with any headphones you can plug-in, which is another way of saying it will work on any headphones.
2) Everything is made in China.
3) I'm not sure dropping $170 on an amp for a pair of 60ohm headphones you're spending less than half of that on makes a lot of sense. If you're insistent on an amp, go further up market with your headphones (and actually, the higher-end M50s have an even lower impedance so they wont need an amp at all)

if i got a aftermarket sound card, do i even need an amp?

Nice, but not needed really, I'll say.

It will definitely make it sound a little bit better depending on which amp. There are some cheaper amps that will definitely give you a good "bang" for your buck :p paired with these cans

If you're looking for a cheap amplifier for these, I'd probably suggest the PA2V2. They're all hand built by a really cool fellow who has an eye for quality craftsmanship.

You could always pick up a cheap Xonar DG sound card too, 30 bucks on newegg at the moment with built-in headphone amp.

I have a set of the M50's They def perform better with an amp though.

Your normal not-amp source must be really, really shit then because anything under 40ohm can be driven by the static shock from the touch of an angel dancing on the head of a pin.

I game.
I prefer headphones with more padding than a sofa.
I dont like open headphones.

Will I like these?

Read the first few reviews... I'd say yes to all 3 just by reading those. (Definitely yes to #2)

my headphones arrived today
they sound really good
they are a little small for my big head, but that is manageable
they sound a lot better than my sennheiser pc 350s

yeah they sound killer, can't really get much better for $60 :D Definitely don't regret buying

Is this a reputable site or should I spend the extra $8 to get it from Amazon?

Lol is BH reputable?? Yeah theyre just the biggest online photo website in the world pretty much.

Also idk what that guy was talking about "tax + shipping" BH only does tax for new yorkers and the shippings free.

So BH has these for $54 shipped basically. Deals dead at amazon anyways, jumped up to $65

Yeah BH sells on amazon too... but not for these headphones. The amazon deal is still on sale @ $65 shipped. Still a good deal, but BH is decent. They will probably have less quality of return policy though compared to amazon, so I recommend amazon just for the piece of mind in easy returns. Amazon pays return shipping too, and the UPS guy comes the next day to pickup the same box you got, if you ever return stuff to amazon.

I had a car part recently and it was wrongly detailed on amazon, they paid everything and the UPS guy came to my house within 12 hours of me reporting it as a return. (I paid $0 for shipping too)

Yeah BH sells on amazon too... but not for these headphones. The amazon deal is still on sale @ $65 shipped. Still a good deal, but BH is decent. They will probably have less quality of return policy though compared to amazon, so I recommend amazon just for the piece of mind in easy returns. Amazon pays return shipping too, and the UPS guy comes the next day to pickup the same box you got, if you ever return stuff to amazon.

I had a car part recently and it was wrongly detailed on amazon, they paid everything and the UPS guy came to my house within 12 hours of me reporting it as a return. (I paid $0 for shipping too)

I used to think return shipping was free too, turns out it isnt (unless like the car part they have an error on the listing).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_901888_ref_calc?nodeId=901926#calc

"If you return an item using the return label provided in the Online Returns Center and the reason for return is not a result of our error, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund."

I just returned a 5lb car part, they most definitely pay shipping if the item is broken. I didn't print anything either.

The UPS guy came the morning after I reported it to amazon, and I just gave him the box with the car part. I got a FULL refund and did not pay anything for shipping or return. (car part was $30 cheaper than all auto stores too lol)

You can alternatively go to a UPS store and just give it to them there.... they will print the label after you give them the amazon return info. Or you can print it yourself, but I didn't have a printer so amazon saved me time doing the label with UPS.

Yeah, amazon is very good.

These are top notch headphones, I have a pair and they don't sound crappy what so ever. Even turned all the way, you will get a lot of fuzz with $20/30 headphones..... not these, they are top of the line IMO (not an audiophile person, just normal guy listening to music, video and gaming at normal loud sound levels :) )

I think people who spend over $100 on headphones are insane, cause these are beyond my needs and I do pretty much all things a normal person would besides trying to listen for the crickets in the background in movies (audiophiles, please don't hurt me LOL)

ya, thanks op. I got them for $52 on amazon and opted for the free shipping.

You lucky dog, how'd you get it below sale price? They are still well worth over 65 but if I could have gotten for 52 then why not :) Oh, you had a gift card to deduct the extra discount you mean?

Actually I don't know why. And I was wrong, it was $53, not 52. This was the price I saw when I went to amazon after reading OPs post. No promo codes....
price went up to 54 later during the day. maybe they have different suppliers. which makes me wonder why they do free shipping with outside suppliers...

Order #: XXXX
Shipping Method: FREE Super Saver Shipping
Shipping Preference: Group my items into as few shipments as possible
Subtotal of Items: $53.29
Shipping & Handling: $5.64
Super Saver Discount: -$5.64
------
Total for this Order: $53.29

Delivery estimate: December 14, 2010 - December 18, 2010
1 "Audio Technica ATHM40FS Precision Studio Headphones"
Electronics; $53.29

Sold by: Streamline Distributing LLC