Audio Technica ATH-AD700 - warm

Too bad it's not through amazon. Could have saved on shipping but still a good deal.

ooo soo tempting I can get this for $75 shipped

edit: ahhh ordered D:

Still a killer deal when you include shipping. These headphones rock.

They feels light, like they aren't even on. They are open, so you pick up outside noise, but not as bad as I first expected. For the price you can't do better.

Not a bad price. Thought about picking up a set, but I have too many headphones already!

haven't they been this price for a while? they were down to ~$75 6 months or so ago.

Pulled the trigger on these. Been watching for a couple of weeks. This is the lowest I have seen and most have been out of stock.

AD700's are better FYI. The A900 would be a closer match to the AD700.

no. the headphones you are comparing are not comparable. one is not better than the other. the A700 is more comparable to the A900 than the AD700 is.

no. the headphones you are comparing are not comparable. one is not better than the other. the A700 is more comparable to the A900 than the AD700 is.

This. A = closed back AD = open back. You can't compare them directly, although one being better is relative to what you consider to be best for you.

The open series will sound better (generally) for music. Closed back you'd get, as with most closed HPs, that closed in feeling and might sound 'hollow tin can' to some. As for me, I couldn't deal with the lack of visceral bass impact on the AD series. I've owned a A900LTD and AD900. The AD's were super light though, and probably tops on comfort.

Yeah, I think these were in the $7x range a while ago when I was looking at them. However, still good value at this price, only closest open-back competitor I'd look at is the HD555 from Sennheiser.

Would the AD900 be worth the price over this? General use. Music and gaming. I'm looking for an open back to stand by my closed M50s....

Would the AD900 be worth the price over this? General use. Music and gaming. I'm looking for an open back to stand by my closed M50s....

Most people with the AD700 always wonder about the AD900 in terms of 'would it have better bass'. I can tell you there's not too much of it, it's good enough for bass on sometracks--just enough--but not for heavy stuff. I saw the AD900 for $22x something on Amazon, I'd say save your $$ and get the AD700 for less than half, I wouldn't imagine it's worth that much of a price premium.

From what I've read, seems like it's only once you start hitting the AD2000, is when the price equates to the jump in quality. The AD700 is the sweet-spot in the lower line.

Most people with the AD700 always wonder about the AD900 in terms of 'would it have better bass'. I can tell you there's not too much of it, it's good enough for bass on sometracks--just enough--but not for heavy stuff. I saw the AD900 for $22x something on Amazon, I'd say save your $$ and get the AD700 for less than half, I wouldn't imagine it's worth that much of a price premium.

From what I've read, seems like it's only once you start hitting the AD2000, is when the price equates to the jump in quality. The AD700 is the sweet-spot in the lower line.

ah, thank you very much :)

Damn it, I should have waited. Amazon has these on sale for $93.82(no tax for some) with free 2 day ship. Along with their better customer server/exchange and returns policy this would be the better option.

Is the casing made out of aluminum? The reason I ask is I'm wondering about durability, I'm really rough on my cans so I need something that not plastic and won't snap.

Is the casing made out of aluminum? The reason I ask is I'm wondering about durability, I'm really rough on my cans so I need something that not plastic and won't snap.
The cord is thick, so that is good. The cans themself are unfortunatly plastic.

I honestly tthink hat you will find it difficult to find an all aluminum headset with quality components for anywhere near this price.

If you abuse your headphones, you might be better off picking up a cheap $20 pair every time they break.

He could pick up a set of Sennheiser HD25-1. They'll get scratched, but they are durable.

Back