Audio Recording Law Under Scrutiny in Illinois

All this white-knighting on behalf of yobbles is pretty cute, I might add.

I will also go on record (yet again) and say I have no problem being recorded on duty, as long as you're not directly interfering with my duties.

I will also go on record (yet again) and say I have no problem being recorded on duty, as long as you're not directly interfering with my duties.

Would that all people had the attitude of behaving as if someone was always watching, we wouldn't have a problem. It's the practical definition of "integrity."

I don't think your a cop, I do recognize "Low Self Esteem" in your comments. So I'll give you 5 stars as a Troll.;)

Different cases. Cops being recorded are doing their jobs. People having statements recorded are providing evidence regarding a crime.

Cops being recorded are on the job being paid. On the job we expect to give up many of our civil rights in exchange for the pay. The people they record should be enjoying their full civil rights, however, whatever the judges say that means in terms of recordings.

Um it isn't democratic, strictly speaking it is a republic...and it isn't communist in any way.

We are supposed to be a Constitutional Republic.
Yet, we act more like a Banana Republic. :p

imho - the more private devices that have the capability to record what is occuring in the public domain the better

...we see this playing out in the revolutions across the world - which we support - - so we should be proud to expand it here in any way we can

No...you got it wrong. The police won't come until the bad guys are either gone or dead. They in no way want to purposefully engage a bad guy that could shoot them if they can get there slowy, just to gather evidence.

I was once burglarized and the cops tried to imply that I orchestrated my own burglary. Cop claimed the fingerprints were on the inside of the window so the window was taken down from the inside. No dumbass cop, when you grab a window from the outside your fingerprints end up on the inside of the window with thumb on the outside.

Illinois has a history of pretty bad corruption, and then when you look at Chicago it's even worse. So it doesn't surprise me one bit that the cops are trying to make sure no-one records their true activites.

I hope you remember this if you ever end up calling 911 hoping the police to save your ass from a crime.

The one time I had to call them for a crime (burglary) they tried to imply I did it. Good way to instill trust, NOT.

I spend my nights locking up criminals. During the day, though, I sleep like a fucking baby.

Do you sleep okay knowing you're a random internet tough guy?

I bet you would just love to get your hands on me and beat the shit out of me for expressing my freedom of speech.

Back