Audio problem with X-fi Plat after upgrade

qtqc

Limp Gawd
Hello everyone. Im having a small problem with my X-FI Platinum. I purchased a couple of BFG 8800 GT and ran them in SLI. Ever since I installed them my sound card has crackling sounds when it playing. It seems to be the worse while Im playing Crysis. One time when I was playing something happened and there was no sound all together. I dont think there is much crackling while I'm playing mp3's or even some other games. I did hear some in COD 4. I downloaded the latest drivers for my sound card, video card, and mother board. Anyone have any ideas. Here are my Specs

Vista 32bit
AMD 6000+
Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe
4gb Corsair Dominator
BFG 8800 Gt X2

uninstall the drivers, boot to safe mode and install them from there

Ok I will do the driver re-install. I cant seem to find the PCI Latency in my bios for some reason

Did the driver re-install. Still the same problem. Can someone tell me where the PCI Latency is in the bios, I cant find it anywhere. Thanks

Hey everyone. Im still having this problem can anyone help. I installed a new sound card, the HDA X-plosion 7.1 and Im having the same problem. I dont see the PCI latency that someone suggested. Anyone have any ideas.?

Hey, I tried that latency tool. My latency was already at 64 but I set applied the setting again at 64. Still the same problem, any ideas?

? maybe try 128. If it doesn't work, or creates more issues, you can always set it back.

The bus is being saturated by the vid cards in SLI.

Try setting the PCI latency to 128.. and possibly to 32 if 128 doesn't fix it.

Also make sure that Cool n Quiet is disable/not installed in Windows.

Also check the PCI-E payload size in bios.... I think I remember reading about setting it to the max setting somewhere.

You could also try overclocking the PCI-E bus and possibly the PCI bus to get rid of the crackling.. do a search and see what safe settings are for the PCI-E bus... prolly somewhere in between 105-115Mhz (stock is 100)

The PCI bus should be good up to around 36Mhz withought having to worry about any data corruption.... not sure if there is any type of setting for that in the BIOS on your board though.

Have you tried moving the X-Fi to a different PCI slot if possible?

What about disabling things like the parallel port, com ports, onboard audio, etc?

Are one of your video cards and the X-Fi sharing an IRQ? If so, that could be the whole problem.

Back