Audigy 2 vs. Fortissimo III

I'm really looking to create a better sound atmosphere with my decent Logitech Z-640 speakers. I'm growing tired of my onboard AC97 audio.

Currently, I'm looking into either one of these sound cards, but I'm hard pressed to make a decision, as I've heard mixed reviews about both. Against the Audigy 2, I hear the actual bandwidth is not what the company boasts while against the Fortissimo III, I've heard that the gaming and music experience is not as good as the Audigy 2.

If anyone could share their personal view if they own either card or even post a comparative link/review, it would greatly be appreciate in aiding my decision. I really haven't found anything noteworthy in the short span I've looked into this.

Dark Assassin

For the review of the ZS, I have doubts about the way the reviewer set up the ZS for 24/96 playback, because while the effects engine is certainly 16/48, if you turn off everything you can supposedly get 24/x playback without resampling. However, the reviewer didn't show any signs of doing this and ended up with a 24/96 signal very close to a 16/48 signal.

Other than that, good review.

Back