Audigy 2 + 5.1 users

Tinker-box

2[H]4U
What speakers do you use and how well does it work?

I have these 5.1 speakers with a dolby digital 5.1 external box and I can only get sound output from the front right and left speakers in games. I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem? My speakers are connected to the soundcard using a radio shack adapter that creative recommened for coax conversion.

That's normal. You'll only get 5.1 sound when viewing DD/DTS dvd's when using the digital input.

You'll have to use 5.1 analog inputs on your reciever (if it has them) to get 5.1 sound in games and music.

Originally posted by Tinker-box
=/

That's not cool :(

That's also *not true*.

I have my Inspire 5300s connected via the *analog* connectors (as the 5300s don't support digital connections). It depends on if your DVD applications supports S/PDIF connections how you should set up the 5.1 handleage.

Here are my settings for MMC 8.8/DVD 8.8:

Audio is *Route via S/PDIF*.

Decoder is *Cyberlink/ATI Decoder*.

Because MMC/DVD 8.8 supports Dolby Digital *and* DTS ES (because the Audigy 2 ZS does), you should enable both in MMC/DVD 8.8.

Originally posted by PGHammer
That's also *not true*.

I have my Inspire 5300s connected via the *analog* connectors (as the 5300s don't support digital connections). It depends on if your DVD applications supports S/PDIF connections how you should set up the 5.1 handleage.

Here are my settings for MMC 8.8/DVD 8.8:

Audio is *Route via S/PDIF*.

Decoder is *Cyberlink/ATI Decoder*.

Because MMC/DVD 8.8 supports Dolby Digital *and* DTS ES (because the Audigy 2 ZS does), you should enable both in MMC/DVD 8.8.

Wait hold up, I have Audigy 2 ZS and z640 (connected to the analog) and when I use MMC 8.8 (DVD 8.8) from ATi I can't get sound when dts enabled on the dvd, only DD. How did you get it to work?

-MoOfAsA~

Back