Audigy 2 -5.1 options?

RanceJustice

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys, need some advice again.

I have a classic Audigy 2 Platinum, and a set of Klipsch Ultra 5.1s. As far as games go, it seems to work fine. EAX Advanced allows sound from the center channel, sub, surround all all that. Likewise for movies with 5.1 soundtracks. However, I listen to a lot of music as well, and DIVX movies with stereo soundtracks. I'd really like to be able to use all of my speakers in these cases, especially the sub to handle the lows.

I listen to music and watch divx primarily on Winamp 5 pro, also using WinDVD 5 Platinum. WinDVD, even with 5.1 output selected and all the fancy options turned on will not mux or upmix in my experience...just thought I'd mention. CMSS and CMSS2 seem to suck royally by making everything sound hollow., and as I havn't figured out how to use ZS drivers on my Audigy2, those are the only 2 I have. Is there not a program some where that mirrors the stereo effect to the rear sats, muxs left and right and outputs it out center, and sends the lows to the sub? Is that even possible?

ANy idea on what I should do?

Anyone? An audio guru with a suggestion?

EDIT: The best thing I've found is to raise global bass to about 65% from 50, turn on CMSS2 and set it to a 0% stereo bias. Any suggestions for improvement?

Back