Audeze Mobius planar gaming headset

The waves nx is available for any headphone. I've been thinking to test it but I very rarely use headphones.

Me too. My speakers are hard to beat. Especially since I got some decent isolation pads for my PSBs. Now I just need to re terminate my damn speaker cable. Old ass amp only accepts 14 gauge and smaller.

These look interesting though. Really fast drivers are always sexy. Plus it has bluetooth? Which is kind of a weird add on but w/e.

Anyone getting these? Should be good. They supposedly have head tracking. As to how well it works? Idk.

https://www.audeze.com/products/mobius-series/mobius-headphone

Definitely keeping my eye on the Audeze Mobius, since I already have an Audeze LCD-2 Classic, and was super impressed with it.

If the Mobius performs well (wireless planar magnetic), it will be my daily driver, and my LCD-2 Classic will be my music driver.

I do hope that the finalized Mobius will be made of more "durable" materials than what their advertising blurb shows, though (as of now, its construction looks a lot like the Sennheiser PC 350/360/Game One/Game Zero "gaming headset" builds, which aren't exactly known for durability).

The LCD-2 Classic is very well built, and quite durable (only losing out to the tank-like Sennheiser HD 630 VB).

I'm gonna look at it for sure. The Waves NX tech they are licensing is good stuff. I have an NX head tracker and it works very well. Not good enough to make me ditch my surround sound setup, but then I go prett hard on sound so I have a pretty overkill surround setup. If this works well it could be seriously cool for mobile gaming, or for when I need to be quiet and not use my big setup.

As I said in the other post. Having non user replaceable batteries in something this expensive is absurd. I honestly expected better from Audeze given their other stuff.

Man, I have a hard time justifying $400 for headphones, but damn these look good.

Edit: Just noticed these only are going to have 10hrs of battery life. That's honestly just too low for me. I don't really do 10hr gaming marathons these days, but I really don't like having to plug a wireless set in all the time, either.

Last edited:
I ordered these, I got mine for $250 during early bird on indie. I have heard from a few people that there are none better for gaming but I have not received mine yet.

Back