Attention !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obi_Kwiet

2[H]4U
I'm tired of the constant gloating and bickering. Don't come up with retarded benchmarks featuring insanely high end SLI crossfire that .0001% of us can ever buy, so that you can suddenly make CPUs more important, and so you can call Kyle a fan boy. You have not won. No one has one, you least of all. This is a completive market, not a sports game. We are concerned with electronics and how to increase the performance of our PCs in various applications. We are not here to gloat and troll every time our “team” has a “victory”. So stop coming up with these ways to "increase your win over AMD." Intel simply has a better CPU solution for now. Gleefully pointing this out in forums just because you think this gives you some sort of victory is pathetic. Trying to come up with tests and conspiracy theories that emphasis the importance of your "win" is equally idiotic. You didn't do squat. So quit feeling proud of yourselves and try to join the rest of the normal population.

I should be seeing threads like this:

"E6600 initial OC results!"

or

"Video encoding times compared to last gen CPUs"

not

"ZOMG look the product I have a loyalty to is doing better, and look at these benchmarks I found to underscore the importance of this!"

or

"Ha ha AMD is dead! I win!"

That's retarded. This is not sports. If you want to discuss the effects of different company's product lines on the market, by all means do so. However, gloating about a favored company's dominance in a certain product line, is not only childish, but it is completely and utterly pathetic. If you want to do that kind of thing, you should be a sports fanatic, not a PC enthusiast. The sane among us are trying to have serious discussions about computers. You retarded, idiotic point has been made we've had enough of the conspiracy theory's, please shut up now.

AMD fan boys, you are equally as guilty. Everything I've said about Intel fan boys goes for you too. Please stop getting emotionally attach to lumps of silicone.

The only reason someone should want a company to do better is so that is has a more equal market share. Ideally Intel and AMD would each have 50% market share and about equal product lines. The keeps competition right at the top with out fear of either company going under and a monopoly from occurring.

Please, everyone try to grow up. I'm 16. I know most of you are older than me. Act like it.

Mod Edit: Thread is pointless trolling / flamebait. ~ Papa-Ming

I fail to see how your argument is anything other than an subjective response that will draw nothing except:
Obi_Kwiet said:
constant gloating and bickering.

No offense, but you really are in no position to tell anyone how they go about their discussion of computers and their related functions. All that you are doing with your post is flamebaiting everyone so that you can attempt to prove a completely unfounded, illogical, and subjective scenario of an online forum, wherein you have created the setting as such, thus, forcing it to be proved by the subsequent flames.

Well, now that everyone knows what the intention of your post is, I hope that you move on and not attempt to do this in the future. Ignore what you don't like, embrace what you do.

Well I love that intel is doing way good now, because the x2 3800's are going to be way cheap now (I might upgrade to duel core yay!), compitition FTW!

mrjminer said:
No offense, but you really are in no position to tell anyone how they go about their discussion of computers and their related functions. All that you are doing with your post is flamebaiting everyone so that you can attempt to prove a completely unfounded, illogical, and subjective scenario of an online forum, wherein you have created the setting as such, thus, forcing it to be proved by the subsequent flames.
He's in no position to say it the same way everyone else is in no position to say that one company has pwned the other with extremely bias opinions.

This is one of the problems in computers, and it's not just the AMD v. Intel thing. It's that everything has to be a holy war and everybody picks sides. They don their armor and go into battle like it's something important for them. We see it all the time, here's a few examples:

AMD v. Intel (v IBM to an extent)
Linux v. Windows v. MacOS
Mac v. PC
XBOX v. PS2
Pico v. Emacs v. VI (I've seen rediculous fights between even pico and nano :( )
RedHat v. SuSE
Newegg v. Monarch
IE v. Firefox v. Opera v. Safari
C++ v. Java
PHP v. PERL v. ASP

We see it among everything here and it's getting harder and harder to have a fair review of anything because many people are so slanted. And if nobody says anything about it, then it's not going to get better. People are complaining about the conroe benchmarks, and that's their right to do so, but people on both sides saying each other's is rigged if it doesn't say what they want does no good.

The facts are simple, right now, Intel has some good stuff going on for the first time in a while. This doesn't make Intel the best chipmaker in the world, just means they're on top right now. Intel folks have no need for a superiority complex right now. And AMD guys, you know good and well that your company will roll out some new stuff next year or in 2008 that is going to do wonders. After a long time of being the top dog you can wait a year or 2 before you have that right again.

It's been stated time and time again in the past few weeks: this is good for consumers. If both companies are getting at each others throats then they will be pushed to make better, cheaper chips. Then we all win. If I was an intel guy I'd be wanting AMD to do the best they possibly can and if I was an AMD guy I'd want intel to do the best they can. Just so competition can be good and they can be driven to make better products. It's time to drop the corporate loyalties and just be capitalists for a while.

Newegg laid the smackdown on Monarch :p , I dont see why everyone is in such a crazy state. Everybody wins right now, if your building a system and you like intel they have really good processors now, If you like amd they have a greatly reduced price now so its competitive, so both sides win. Even if your just upgradeing you win, amd is cheap now to upgrade, Intel has good performance upgrades. YAY EVERYBODY WINS!

munkle said:
Well I love that intel is doing way good now, because the x2 3800's are going to be way cheap now (I might upgrade to duel core yay!), compitition FTW!

I'll be upgrading to an x2 3800 when their prices come down nice and good. But, that's because I have single core opterons right now. If I were to build a new rig, I would not get that processor over an E6300. They'll be priced what? 20 bucks different? The E6300 uses less power, performs better, and overclocks better.

Bao01 said:
I'll be upgrading to an x2 3800 when their prices come down nice and good. But, that's because I have single core opterons right now. If I were to build a new rig, I would not get that processor over an E6300. They'll be priced what? 20 bucks different? The E6300 uses less power, performs better, and overclocks better.
Yeah, I wouldnt use the x2 3800 either if I were doing a new system, but I have a SD 3700+ and would like to go to duel core because I multitask alot on my pc, and it can get really laggy at times, better to drop 150 on cpu and sell my old cpu and prolly only spend 90 to upgrade then 700+ (prolly more because I know my x800xl doesnt handle my 2005fpw all that well) on a new system and have to sell all my old parts.

I agree with Lich. The best products (and most efficient of use of stockholder's money -- with respect to fostering innovation) comes when companies are competing against each other. So you might as well be arguing about automobiles. These arguments over whether Intel's win is legitimate sounds a lot like the perennial BMW M5 vs. MB E55 debate...it never ends and there are more important issues which should be considered anyway.

SNYP40A1 said:
So you might as well be arguing about automobiles. These arguments over whether Intel's win is legitimate sounds a lot like the perennial BMW M5 vs. MB E55 debate...it never ends and there are more important issues which should be considered anyway.
I live outside of detroit and have to witness the automotive holy wars almost daily. *shudders*

munkle said:
Yeah, I wouldnt use the x2 3800 either if I were doing a new system, but I have a SD 3700+ and would like to go to duel core because I multitask alot on my pc, and it can get really laggy at times, better to drop 150 on cpu and sell my old cpu and prolly only spend 90 to upgrade then 700+ (prolly more because I know my x800xl doesnt handle my 2005fpw all that well) on a new system and have to sell all my old parts.

Definitely. Spend your money wisely and feel no pressure to do otherwise.

Lol everything is from christianity now. On the amd forums, apparently conroe is Jesus, and now Car wars are Holy Wars, Yay go forums!

munkle said:
Lol everything is from christianity now. On the amd forums, apparently conroe is Jesus, and now Car wars are Holy Wars, Yay go forums!
when people wake up tomorrow morning they'll have missed an awful lot, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back