Attempted flash of the 9500NP

DeeChan

n00b
I tried flashing a 9700NP bios to my 9500NP via FlashROM in dos prompt, and it said there was an error, and something didnt match. So i restarted via drDos again and flashed my original bios that i had backed up before. It says things match but doesnt say anything is successful. i didnt think much of it and restarted back into windows xp and the loading bar(blue thing moving across a bar under a windows xp screen with black background). i then tried safemode and it froze during the Mup.sys thing(last process). i didnt have anything important so i tried reformatting/reinstalling of windows. while during the reformat process of the windows setup, it freezes at 20%:( i dont know what to do and i dont want to buy a new video card, what can i do?

Beats the hell out of me...

The only thing I can think of would be to reflash using an actual dos boot disk (like you can make in windows) instead of drdos. If all else fails, you might wanna try flashing different bioses.

I assume that you've been using this card for some time, and that it's not faulty?

If I were you, I'd flash that 9700 bios to it and see if that fixes it.

Back