ATI x800 XT UK release date?

elliottlock

Weaksauce
Does anyone know when the ATI x800 XT is being released in the UK I mean the one by Sapphire, The:

Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 XT 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI - Full Retail

Cause no one seems to have a date yet I thought it was meant to be out like now basicly, what is taking so long?

I rang up overclockers.co.uk and asked them this afternoon. They said 3 weeks for theit pre-orders, but I'm guessing that's a minimum as they said 'mid-June' when I last rang about 3 weeks ago.

overclockers are about the only place I can find with any x800pros in stock (powercolour...), so hopefully they'll be among the first.

Any US stores ship to the UK?!

Guys, I feel your pain. I live in the US, but I'm on TDY in the UK and to say the least, it's not been very easy to gets new components over here.

Last week I ordered an Asus AV8 from tekheads (since overclockers didn't have stock of it yet). After I ordered, asked when the 6800U (I know the X800 XT is more powerful, but I'm opting for the nvidia card for Linux support) would go on sale and they told me at the end of July in the UK.....and the 5950U models are usually only 50GBP cheaper.

:(

Seems like ATI's hardware superiority has been overshadowed by nvidia's inability to deliver, 3 months after it's paper launch... :rolleyes:

yeah... 3 months really is an unacceptably long paper launch.

I'll post in this thread if I see anywhere that looks promising in the next few weeks. If anyone else finds anything then post too please?

Which stores tend to get hardware first anyway? I usually order from overclockers, but I've seen stuff earlier on komplett and ebuyer before.

It's fucking stupid though, like what could honestly take so long to launch the card over here in the UK, they must know something we don't as far as games beeing released over here or something, surely.

If not then there just idiots!

Back