ATI w/ NVIDIA for Triple Display

SKiTLz

2[H]4U
Ok heres the deal...

I have a NVIDIA 7800 GTX as my main card. Two DVI Ports. This is feeding two of my flat panels.

Now the problem. Im trying to get my 3rd flat panel online too. I've been trying to get a Radeon 9200 running with my 7800 but with no luck. Its the only PCI card i can find.

Should the ATI and NVIDIA cards be able to run together?

Shoudnt have a problem if you use Micrsofot drivers for the 9200 (if there is any). If there isnt as long as you dont install CCC it should be fine.

Shoudnt have a problem if you use Micrsofot drivers for the 9200 (if there is any). If there isnt as long as you dont install CCC it should be fine.

Funny thing is thats where it actually stalls. System boots. You see it detecting the 9250 card. Starts installing microsoft drivers. Then boom. All screens go blank.

Funny thing is thats where it actually stalls. System boots. You see it detecting the 9250 card. Starts installing microsoft drivers. Then boom. All screens go blank.
Well, someone working at a computer store once told me that products from ATi and NV shouldn't be mixed because of driver conflicts. Apparently, the two manufacturers don't play nice in the same system. I never tried it, but I'm also curiouis if anyone ever got this to work?

well, way back in the day I had a 6800GT pared up with a rage pro running my 3rd display, had no conflicts, all booted up fine, it should load up and give you the windows splash screen even if there are driver conflicts, sounds like something messing up in the bios

I think something else is wrong dont listen to the guys that say ATI and Nvidia drivers dont play well thats horseshit.

I have had both Nvidia drivers and ATI drivers work flawlessly together. There was a thread not too long ago about this and most people that have tried running both at once have had success.

Hell to go one further at the time i had an ATI TVwonder, 9200SE and a 7800GS all playing well together on an Nforce chipset no less.

If your problem continues take out the NV card and let windows install the drivers for the ATI then put the other back in.

Back