ATI vs VisionTek X800 XT PE

Nice... I may consider that one... I wonder if they really will ship in 2-4 weeks... probably says that for all out of stock items. :(

haroldmeyer said:
Same thing, Visiontek makes good shit.

Do they?

All my previous cards have been Visiontek Nvidia cards. But when they went under, someone else bought them and changed to ATI cards..How do they perform? I did notice the new ownership no longer has lifetime warranties...

MattParrish I did notice the new ownership no longer has lifetime warranties...[/QUOTE said:
Oh really? Hit Buy Now and you'll be taken to a page that seems to suggest the opposite.
Buy With Confidence Direct From VisionTek:
-Your product is protected by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.[/QUOTE[

That is the difference between ATI and VisionTek cards... a lifetime warranty.

I JUST ORDERED a visiontek X800 XT-PE yesterday, straight from their website.
Visiontek cards are almost identical to ATi cards... the margin of difference in performance is about the same between two identical ATi cards.
There are benifits, though... I called them yesterday from 7000 miles away in moscow, russia, and their tech support was VERY fast and kind. And, it's free (except for the call to the states for me). + Lifetime warranty. +$500 price tag with VIVO on the card... the only catch is it takes about a month for the thing to come in... +$10 or $20 dollars delivery, but still cheaper than any place online.

I have a visiontek GF3ti500 that i've been running for nearly 3 years... the only issue was I replaced the fan twice. Otherwise, there is no reason why you shouln't choose visiontek...
they dont stuff you with useless shit.
Read [H]'s article on it!

MattParrish said:
Do they?

All my previous cards have been Visiontek Nvidia cards. But when they went under, someone else bought them and changed to ATI cards..How do they perform? I did notice the new ownership no longer has lifetime warranties...

You are wrong, they still got Lifetime warranty.

My bad...

Here's some news if you live in TN....

The Beast Buy website says their store in Chatanooga, TN has the ATI X800 XT in stock.

Don't know quantities/price, but thought i'd post it.

MattParrish said:
The Beast Buy website says their store in Chatanooga, TN has the ATI X800 XT in stock.

hrm i didnt know farms sold video cards :p

anyway, dont the visiontek card OC better than the ATi ones?

i have a visiontek 9800 pro and it works great(they even replaced it when my PS blew up on me)

None in Chatta-vegas.... thats where i live.. no doubt why its there. ;)

AND NO, this is not a "FARM" town. :rolleyes:

They will overclock about the same..
I'm telling you, the only difference is the place and people who manufacture the cards... Oh, and I dont think ATI x800xt's have VIVO, and that's a big issue, if a card is bought for half a grand without VIVO. Visiontek does have vivo :)

krizzle said:
They will overclock about the same..
I'm telling you, the only difference is the place and people who manufacture the cards... Oh, and I dont think ATI x800xt's have VIVO, and that's a big issue, if a card is bought for half a grand without VIVO. Visiontek does have vivo :)
I thought pretty much all the new high end cards have VIVO and dual monitor support. It's so commonplace now I don't see why they wouldn't include it.

lol, no... The X800Pro, only Asus has vivo, and its just a bit south of the price of an XT.. or north, i forget. Vivo isn't that complicated, I donno why they cost so much. No other cards (x800xt-pe) have VIVO for $500 to my knowledge

Back