ATI software and Temps?

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
I had a ATI 9800XT using the Catalyst 4.12 drivers and ATI panel fine on my system.

The ATI panel was cool because I could see what temps the GPU was running at in the "Overdrive" tab and also able to enable the over drive option.

Now I installed a X800 Pro on my system and then reinstalled the 4.12 ATI Catalyst drivers and noticed there is not "overdrive" tab and I can not see how hot my GPU is running not can I enable overdrive.

Anyone know why this is and how I can monitor my video card temps?

Download and install the latest ATI tool. You can monitor your temps, adjust the speed of the fan, and overclock your card, much better than the overdrive function. It's a great free utility.

So I can manually remove just the ATI tool in the control panel and then go to www.ati.com and get the latest version of the tool?

DandyBear said:
Download and install the latest ATI tool. You can monitor your temps, adjust the speed of the fan, and overclock your card, much better than the overdrive function. It's a great free utility.

I can't find this tool upi mentioned. Can you link me there?

www.ati.com just has the latest drivers 4.12 which is what I downloaded.

I downloaded and installed 0.0.22.

I show nothing about temps in this tool. It looks as if its imply a utility to OC the card. :(
Am I missing something?

click the settings button at the bottom of ati tool. then select temperature monitoring or something similar from the drop down menu. you should be able to turn on the temp monitor from there.

carloswill said:
I show 42|38 :confused:

42 is your Gpu temperature, while 38 is the memory. Those are decent temps which will go up considerably while gaming. Nothing to worry about, your card is fine.

ati-tool is great. i set it so that my cards maintains a temp of about 40 degrees, atitool adjusts the fan to keep it at that, then does what it can when it gets higher than that. i need some ram heatsinks though, the stock heatsink is great though.

Back