ATI Sapphire vs. Any other maker.

[FX]Roman

Gawd
I'm looking at a:

ATI (Sapphire) Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB DDR w/DVI, TV out OEM

Should I get it? It's really cheap and good from a good trusted store, but people have said that the Sapphire sucks. Should I or not?

Why?

Believe me Sapphire rocks. Among the best ATI video card makers out there really. Go get it.

Well, I just noticed that the Saphire card is about 100 bucks (CND) cheaper than the ATI board.

You get what you pay for...?

Sapphire actually manufactures ATI's cards as well as their own, and having owned a sapphire 9700, I've seen nothing wrong with their quality.

i bought the exact same card. Awsome deal, retardedly good performance. It comes with all the cables, cds and driveers, just no fancy box.

i got an HIS excaliber 9500 pro and it rocks

all ive heard about sapphire is good things and the only bad things i hear are from people who cook thiers and then complain about it.:p

Sapphire and ATI are the same.Like the other guy said,Sapphire use to make the ATI cards for them so if you like ATI you like Sapphire.I have a OEM Sapphire 9800XT and its great.
Shark

yeah lol seriously most people dont understand the advantages of buying OEM. Like who the hell wants to pay 100$ for a fancy box and a couple games they will never play.

Originally posted by [FX]Roman
So where is the extra 100 dollar going to?

The pretty box, you say?

And better customer service. But I would save the money, too.

Well, I just noticed that the Saphire card is about 100 bucks (CND) cheaper than the ATI board.

You get what you pay for...?

Nope you get more than you pay for ;) There is no difference in build quality of ATI:s and Sapphires video cards. There is also no difference in support and build quality with OEM and standard retail boxes.

Originally posted by Master
yeah lol seriously most people dont understand the advantages of buying OEM. Like who the hell wants to pay 100$ for a fancy box and a couple games they will never play.
The card he's talking about, the retail is about $15 more, and comes with 2 pretty good games.

Originally posted by oqvist
Believe me Sapphire rocks. Among the best ATI video card makers out there really. Go get it.

word, i've heard really good things about them, including OCability

So where is the extra 100 dollar going to?

The pretty box, you say?

Only difference is a 1 year vs a 3 year warrenty. They are the same card so I would get the sapph.

Originally posted by obyj34
The card he's talking about, the retail is about $15 more, and comes with 2 pretty good games.

$15 is $15 i'd rather save it and buy something else cool. like a better hsf for the card, or ramsyncs ect. Games usually bundled with the card are almost always pretty cool. but its something we can live without.

Its just my personal opinion to use the money saved to purchase better things, but for those of you who want a nice box and a game, by all means dont let my words stop you.

Originally posted by Master
$15 is $15 i'd rather save it and buy something else cool. like a better hsf for the card, or ramsyncs ect. Games usually bundled with the card are almost always pretty cool. but its something we can live without.

Its just my personal opinion to use the money saved to purchase better things, but for those of you who want a nice box and a game, by all means dont let my words stop you.

My Sapphire 9800 PRO retail shipped with Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness. Don´t think I will ever played that one but then I don´t really want to pay for game bundles when I buy a video card. Much better choose the games to play myself.

Back