ATI/HL2 "Valve Premier Pack" question.

eloj

2[H]4U
Anyone know how one should interpret "This is a limited time bonus offer that expires once Half-Life® 2 is available." -- http://www.atihl2offer.com

The FAQ says "The Valve Premier Pack is a limited time offer which is available until Half-Life 2 has been released."

Is it

a) The offer to _install_ will expire (but those who did can still continue to play and will have the "Power Pack" for all forseeable future.)
or
b) The offer _and_ installations will expire.

Basically, will you lose the power pack when HL2 is shipped?

If (A) then I wouldn't bother (since it would probably interfere with my ability to get the card replaced should it fail), if (B) it might be worth it.

I think (A), but the language isn't exactly clear.

I never did that because I feared that they would offer the bonus pack INSTEAD OF HL2.

No, they're quite clear on that.

"Of course, you are still entitled to a free copy of Half-Life® 2 when it is released."

They're not going to invalidate a previous HL install. Once they give you the application, it's yours to use as you see fit.

Originally posted by Trekster
They're not going to invalidate a previous HL install. Once they give you the application, it's yours to use as you see fit.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA!

yeah right man. In case you hadn't noticed, the whole point of steam is to be able to turn things on and off at the publisher's whim. Hence being able to buy the game for a limited time rather than for a larger sum to own it permanently.

Not that I think they will necessarily turn it off, but I think they are definitely going to keep the option of removing content form the service when they need to slap HL2 on the system and bring their content and password servers to their knees.

I haven't spent much time examining it, but their looks to be a key like number on my premier pack disk. If it is, my guess is that you register with that, and if you get banned, you only break your premier pack and not put them in legal limbo for not delivering a paid for product. Once HL2 rolls around, they will probably attach your play to your HL2 key and let you suffer the consequences of your actions. As well as leaving the option of turning off some game content as the modding community shifts to the HL2 engine.

Originally posted by Trekster

EULA :rolleyes:

Back