ATI Equivalent to GeForce?

Tiny

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey all,

Was wondering what the ATI equivalent to the BFGtech - Geforce FX 5500 oc 256MB (AGP version) is? Anyone know?

:confused:

That was what I was hoping....thank you very much. :D

256MB on 9600-anything is just plain pointless- anyone who buys one is a fool. It's mostly pointless on a 9800, and just becomes worthwhile on the X800's and 6800's. I'll let someone else slap you with an explanation if you can't figure it out. (hint: it's like attaching a tractor trailer to a 4 cyl ford ranger)

IdiotInCharge said:
256MB on 9600-anything is just plain pointless- anyone who buys one is a fool. It's mostly pointless on a 9800, and just becomes worthwhile on the X800's and 6800's. I'll let someone else slap you with an explanation if you can't figure it out. (hint: it's like attaching a tractor trailer to a 4 cyl ford ranger)

Ehh that is not entirely true, deppends on what games you're talking about, how much system RAM you have, etc. Sometimes 256mb on the lower end card is a sharp buy. Its not like 256mb is going to HURT by any means, it just might not be the biggest advantage ever.

explain how the extra 128mb on a card like that could be useful?, by the time 129MB of memory and up are saturated it will be running below playable framerates

Warriorprophet said:
Ehh that is not entirely true, deppends on what games you're talking about, how much system RAM you have, etc. Sometimes 256mb on the lower end card is a sharp buy. Its not like 256mb is going to HURT by any means, it just might not be the biggest advantage ever.

Don't they use cheaper ram for the last 128 megs? And besides 256 meg cards tend to OC less from what I've heard.

~Adam

Warriorprophet said:

VERY remote cases, by which the time research has uncovered such possibilities, a new generation has come out and the cards you couldn't afford you now can. Unless you're like us, lol. But most people can agree, in general, that by the time the extra memory is used at all, it's performance is a moot point; ie debilitating. but I do agree, there are cases, eg MMO's, but even then, I'd rather save for a card that can actually DO what I need it to do.

(as if counterstrike stresses my 9700. lol)

Back