ATI....directionless but not clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok sorry that I dont agree with everything you say their Terra.
Lets just remember that we all think diffrently.
So if you think Hate Bot is a fan boy and I dont.
Meh you know. Neither of us are forced to see eye to eye.
Lets not get rowdy my friends this is just a fourm about Gfx Cards.
Not life or death or even politics.
So chill Terra :cool:

altec_tech said:
LOL!!!!!!!

just curious (hard to tell) which part are you loling at? the Ricko part, or the part about me suggesting either cards.

it's hard to tell on these boards anymore...

It' never nice when your past isn't like you wanted it to be? ;)
Or you said something really stupid...
And in regards to you talking in the past abut your FB-isme..well...
You got a long way to go still :)
That is iff you still belive that there are NO differnce between FarCry on a ATi card, vs FarCry on a nVidia card with HDR? :)

Terra...

look at the edit I made in that post.

No diffrence... at all.... and Im sure most people would agree, that far cry runs better on ATI...

The individual that made the statement: ATI still rules. Rules what? Obviously, this a fan oriented statement. In reality, nothing could be further from the truth.

And what proof do you have that NV "rules," at all? Look at the market share and ATI has more of it than NV. And your, "In reality, nothing could be further from the truth." Where's the proof for that too? I'm only trying to be fair here since you demand proof that I do it too for your statements.

Hate_Bot said:
look at the edit I made in that post.

No diffrence... at all.... and Im sure most people would agree, that far cry runs better on ATI...

Edit?
Did you say something wrong previously? :rolleyes:

Terra...

{NG}Fidel said:
So chill Terra :cool:

I am cool..if I where pissed you would have no doubts ;)
.oO( Danes swear a lot when pissed...)
Perhaps because we DON'T censor "bad" words in dansih TV..sex isn't censored either...(the BEEEEP-sound acctually works opposite for me when watching US TV)...
Censor is stupid.....free speech rules!

Terra - That part of USA I will never understand..you can buy a guy..but not swear on TV? *LOL*

Well a lot of idiots try to force their views on what people should watch and hear onto others.I dont mind that much, I dont watch TV for Swearing or Sex just for good ol Comedy/Drama/Etc Etc.Plus you can get all the boobies and Curse words you want you just need to buy that channel seprate.

Dig deeper..the benefit of digital forum..all you say is stored

I just dont understand why you said this....

That is iff you still belive that there are NO differnce between FarCry on a ATi card, vs FarCry on a nVidia card with HDR?

Well you see we are compring this game in its normal game mode. In normal Operation ATi Cards deliver better FPS and more consistant FPS at higher settings. Sadly CryTek did not implement any HDR Code for ATi cards as of yet. I am curious to see HDR in HL2 on my X800XT I just hope it performs better than in Far Cry.

Here is what the ATI Fenbois and their ancient technology are missing out on....

]Pixel Shader Feature.............Shader 2.0.............Shader 3.0...............Description

*Shader length.......................96..........................65535+....................Allows more complex shading, lighting, and procedural materials

*Dynamic branching...............No..........................Yes........................Saves performance by skipping complex shading on irrelevant pixels

*Shader anti-aliasing..............Not supported..........Built-in instructions.. Developers can calculate the screen space derivatives of any function, allowing them to adjust shading frequencies or over-sampling to eliminate artifacts

*Back-face register................No..........................Yes.........................Allows two-sided lighting in a single pass

*Interpolated color format....... 8-bit minimum.........32-bit floating point...Higher range and precision color allows high-dynamic range lighting at the vertex level

*Multiple render targets..........Optional...................4 required................Allows advanced lighting algorithms to save filtering and vertex work – thus more lights for minimal cost

*Fog and specular..................8-bit fixex................Custom fp16-fp32.....Shader Model 3.0 gives developers full and precise control over specular and fog computations, previously fixed-function

*Texture coordinate count.......8.............................10..........................More per-pixel inputs allows more realistic rendering, especially for skin

Sucks to be you.

Good lord gentlemen, would you like me to purchase some dueling pistols? I'll pay for the shot and everything, just stop acting like little !!!!!!s and let this poor excuse of a thread/discussion die a lonely death.

I would reply to that but I dont have time to convince you Prime1.
Let me put it like this. You buy Nvidia I will buy whatever the hell I think is better ok.
I agree with the poster above me lets stop this. I think I draged this topic a bit too far as well.

prime go read up a little ATI are using shader 2.0b :D

and from wut everyones been saying it can do everything 3.0 can but with a performance hit.

what are you gona say when r520 comes out and supports direct x NEXT ??????????

nvidia wont have a card that supports that for about another year.

sux to be you if you bought 2 6800 gts and can't use them in a year from now

I think it's time for me to make another grand entrance in this now totally useless thread. Can't you supposed "in the know" guys refrain from profanity and sarcasm? One guy said shut down this thread. If you don't like it ...stay out of it! What is with you guys who cannot make mature choices? if you don't like this thread...STAY OUT OF IT! How much intelligence does that require? In reality...the poor victims and mindless devotees at this point are bored out of their minds ...and are looking to vent on this thread provided by myself. Forgive me for acquiessing into sanctimonious accolades however...the acrimonies of this lethargic, infusiated and twiterpated thread have left me exaspperated!
I trust that the genius behind my axiomatic meanderings will find a home among the throngs of the boredacious and bodacious!

Ricko its all your fucking fault your such a nvidia troll its not even funny anymore.Why did you start this thread and one like this before when you damn well know what the outcome willbe.

I went to my local compusa today and guess WUT..............Im not even going to bother wasting my time.

You somehow think because ati had some bad yeilds that there getting out of the high end market.

I can't stop thinking on how stupid that is.

ATI focused all its working cores to there MAIN MONEY MAKERS there oems.God go freaking take some marketing classes and wake UP.

ATI had some bad yeilds BIG FUCKING DEAL

Intel delayed the prescott almost a year and so didnt AMD with there 64s

Now, Now , Now gentleman profanity is not the answer. In reality, it just shows that your infantile and immature selves is still very much in control. What are you doing here friend if you are sick of this thread....I know....you cannot get away from the expressionism that this thread has provided you. You hate yourself for being here...but ...here you are. Let us look at all things cogently and coherently. Breathe deeply and realize that this thread is what we have needed for a long, long time....axiom after axiom of analytical anecdotes that arbitrate our anxieties. Brilliant...don't you think?

theres something wrong with you man.You just proved again that you like these fan fights.

U just keep doing your thing man and maybe youll get banned so we wont have 5,000 posts of pure shit.

Scratch...Really. A man of your position on this site. My. May i suggest that if you don't like this thread...stay off of it. There must be someone out there that needs help with a computer fan or an older card. Leave this thread to those who are expressing themselves. This thread is a breath of fresh air to the constipated and moronic techno experts who are bored out of their minds. Leave it alone!

Ricko what exactly did you want to get out of this thread?

What you cliamed is pure speculation and is nothing but nonsence.

We proved you wrong and then all the fan boys from both sides came in.

Heres what im getting from what you think is happening.

you think ATI is behind a huge conspiracy and they have been lieing to us about there cards.

You think ATI has failed because of low yeilds.

WHAT I dont get is you bring this thread up again when ATI yeilds are better than ever.You can get any card built by ATI right now for under msrp.

I think u should stay out of this thread and stick to the nvidia card section.

Every one of your posts has turned into a fan war.Better yet head over to toms forum youll fit right in.

I'm just waiting for the first article to hit CNN that some kid blew someone's head off because that someone said his X850 was better than the kid's 6800 Ultra.

haha no kidding.

Im just in this thread now because im bored.Im quoting like 50 fan boy stupid things ricko has posted and putting them all here so everyone can have a good laugh.

Heres one for ya guys

"ATI had a special commitment to Apple computers to first service all of their proprietary needs BEFORE providing the public sector with products. It appears as though ATI went into this with eyes wide open. They knew in advance that Nvidia would win this round with the 6800 series however, ATI hopes to recoup much of their "lost" ground financially through OEM contracts. In the long run this will have a boomerang affect. Nvidia is the rage...not only becuase of public response to the product line but the architecture is VERY future friendly. We'll see..."

"You know...I presently am a nvidia fan...how can I not be with the overall soundness of the GT"

ATI's vain attempt to hurt Nvidia...has backfired

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember quite vividly when the 6800 line was first introduced by Nvidia. Almost immediatley on the heels of the previewed praise for the Nvidia card line....ATI throws out several cards from their "new" line hoping to compete and certainly impede Nvidia making any advances. With this latest revelation of the discontiuation of the X800XT PE's, it is so apparent that all of us, myself especially having been a die hard supporter of Ati the last several years, have been subjected to nothing more than "smoke and mirrors." The X800 Pro is really nothing more than an overclocked spruced up 9800XT. ATI, at least for now has NOTHING....to get out there. I feel a little taken back by this. It really shows the disingeniousness of a leading company....that never really told us the truth. Anyway, several weeks ago I purchased the 6800 GT. The card is simply astonishing. Nvidia truly does deserve everything that get on this one....they simply gave us the "truth." I am afraid that ATI will take a serious "hit" from this. The apparent dishonesty will leave a stain. The only thing that can get them out now...is to start telling the truth! Produce what you say!

fallguy said:
Sorry Ricko, you're still clueless.

QFT.

I do the sticky at the top of the video card page and Every ati card I put in my sticky is IN STOCK at the time it's written. There are plenty high end X800's in stock at newegg.com and you are just taking some small experiences and blowing them out of proportions man.

I'd bet if you went to newegg or pricewatch right now you could buy an X800XTPE or X850XT rather easily at a decent price too.

~Adam

please cut down on the fighting a bit or this thread will be locked and a few warnings will be sent.

{NG}Fidel said:
Well a lot of idiots try to force their views on what people should watch and hear onto others.I dont mind that much, I dont watch TV for Swearing or Sex just for good ol Comedy/Drama/Etc Etc.Plus you can get all the boobies and Curse words you want you just need to buy that channel seprate.

I don't watch TV for that either, but I like the TV I watch to reflect the REAL world...
To be honest most danes find the way TV is in the USA to be extremly funny.
I mean..you can't say "fuck" on TV, but you can buy a gun?
In Denmark you can say "fuck" on TV in primetime..and nobody cares..it's just a word..it can't kill you...like a gun..wich you CAN'T buy in Denmark...
(PS. I got nothing agaisnt weapons, I am a former 2x UN trooper, what I got a problem with is arming people, that should not carry guns...)

Well you see we are compring this game in its normal game mode. In normal Operation ATi Cards deliver better FPS and more consistant FPS at higher settings. Sadly CryTek did not implement any HDR Code for ATi cards as of yet. I am curious to see HDR in HL2 on my X800XT I just hope it performs better than in Far Cry.

You mean before Hate_bot started editing his messages? :)
Besides I have also HL2..and if there is HDR in there..well I either didn't notice it...ot it was nothing to notice...

Terra...

stop it ricko. you are trolling. you can call it discussion if you want, but you are a !!!!!!. If ati were dead, they would be bankrupt and nobody would be buying their cards and there would be no need for this. you can debate and nitpick about which card supports what, but half of us don't give a flying fuck because I'm not going to be able to tell which card is using some esoteric shader that gives some arbitrary graphical boost that hardly makes a difference. get a life.

This thread really is going nowhere.....I'd say nowhere fast but it keeps lingering so not so much fast, but definately going nowhere.

Everyone is saying this thread is going nowhere....really? why is everyone ....here? More than one has once again tried to lampoon my previous statements regarding ATI's not so covert move to become the largest OEM distributor in the world. No big deal? At the time that I originally made that claim ...it was news! That statement was made months ago. In fact (and this was my original quote) " ATI is under a contract with Apple computers and is forbidden to produce consumer end cards UNTIL its OEM contrcact was fulfilled."
Remember when the X800 XT PE...was as scarce as a 4 leaf clover? I do...there were cancelled orders everywhere on a plethora of distributor sites, why? ATI wasn't making them. They were "bound" to a special agreement with Apple. We were all told about memory shortages this and that...nothing but excuses. ATI is among other things...LIARS. So...what does this have to do with anything? Just a point that I made months ago...and every hillbilly in the woods shot at me. Big deal? It was a true statement. This is the whole point. Someone comes in here with some truth...and he is shot at royaly! Such ludicrous loyalty from the lambasting lunatics of la la land!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back