ati.com unavailable for downloading drivers

Syran

Gawd
Did AMD do something stupid like shut down ATI's DNS links and website without moving their drivers off of it? I'm not seeing ati.com forward to AMD's site anymore, and I can't download the drivers for their video cards, as they come from www2.ati.com.

Yikes. This is why I always save my previous drivers going back a few versions, on a storage drive. Tried looking around at MajorGeeks or anywhere?

I was looking to upgrade to 12.6 today. Oh well. Wonder if the FBI shut down thier DNS servers early....

Downloading fine for me, from AMD
12.6 win7/64

Last edited:
I have a question.... how come everytime I try to install 12.6 or 12.7, it stays at 12.2? Do I need to uninstall cat and run that driver sweeper program to delete everything? Then run the 12.7 beta drivers?

I have a question.... how come everytime I try to install 12.6 or 12.7, it stays at 12.2? Do I need to uninstall cat and run that driver sweeper program to delete everything? Then run the 12.7 beta drivers?

These beta drivers(and most others) don't have the registry string to change that information. If yo do a clean install using those kind of tools, that line shouldn't even show up in CCC. It's only saying 12.2 because that's the last driver you've used that contains that information. If you really get bothered by it, there's a post somewhere over at Guru3D with the instructions on how to manually change it.

Back