Ati 9500pro fan replacement

NeoNemesis

2[H]4U
My dad just got a new computer and I want to put my old 9500pro in it, however, there are some problems. First off, the fan is broken and I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere, secondly, I'm not willing to spend more then about 10$ to fix this thing.

With this in mind my plan is to remove the old fan and, using fishing line, attach a cheap 80mm case fan to the old heatsink. Will this work or will it overheat? I'm also open to any other suggestions so long as they don't cost much more then 10-15$.

NeoNemesis said:
My dad just got a new computer and I want to put my old 9500pro in it, however, there are some problems. First off, the fan is broken and I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere, secondly, I'm not willing to spend more then about 10$ to fix this thing.

With this in mind my plan is to remove the old fan and, using fishing line, attach a cheap 80mm case fan to the old heatsink. Will this work or will it overheat? I'm also open to any other suggestions so long as they don't cost much more then 10-15$.
ghetto rigging an 80-mm fan will work, that 40mm pushes TINY amounts of air, and the heatsink has no fins except for on the periphery of the sink.
You can get replacement coolers for $5-7 shipped on the FS/T, just put up a wtb ad. I know i have one lying around somewhere, but it's in boxes in my garage, or else i'd just ship it to you. Just be sure when you replace it to use plenty of TIM becuase the core doesn't sit flush with the shim on the 9500/9700 series.

If you have an old CPU heatsink fan laying around drill 2 holes in it and screw it to the GPU on that thing. That will cool it like mad.

Back