Athlon 64 Ram

NIGHTMARE2

Gawd
I'm upgrading to an Athlon 64 3200 and I was wondering what is the hotness ram? Naturally I need 1GB dual channel style.

What is that BH6 stuff I'veh eard about?

Anyways all input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance gents.

The Athlon 64 3200+ doesn't support dual channel configurations at the moment. Of course, you can use matched pairs of RAM and pretend that it's dual channel, but the memory bit width remains at 64-bit.

BH6 is a reference to a memory chip revision that is assoicated with high overclocking ability and/or aggressive memory timings. You'll have to inquire here and/or with the manufacturer to see if a memory module uses BH6-revision chips.

What is some good memory for an Athlon 64 3200+? It depends on how well you expect to overclock. Typically--if you could say that--people are getting the processor based frequency ("FSB") to 220 MHz, with the RAM clock at 220 MHz also. As you would expect, PC3500/DDR433 is what you should be looking for, if not PC3700, PC4000, etc. It all depends on what you need, and we can't help you unless you tell us what you need.

if your not overclocking i would recommend just getting some pc3200 ch-5 that will do tight timings. im sure you could find ram that could do 2-2-2-6.

Back