Asus Z77 on board audio - low volume issue

Lejarno

n00b
Hello,

I've been trying to see if there is anything I can do to increase the volume on my PC. I have to turn the volume all the way up on my sound bar just to get mid level volume (Sound bar that came with my U2412M Monitor). I've got the volume task bar icon set to 100%, I use Sennheiser 598 headphones most of the time. The audio driver is updated. I have 'Loudness Equalization' checked.

I have the Realtek ALC892 audio chip and I was thinking of getting the Asus Sonar DGX 5.1 sound card.

This is typically an audio driver issue. I've seen this on some boards with Win7, and many boards with Win10.

Is the volume issue just with the monitor soundbar or with the headphones as well? Has the monitor soundbar ever put out better volume with another setup? For me, an old NEC 20WMGX2's monitor soundbar has never put out good volume. Even with everything maxed on both the system and monitor volume control. It's even hooked up to an old school X-FI xtremeMusic sound card on a secondary PC in the household. But the thing was simply never made for anything more than barely acceptable volume.

Is the volume issue just with the monitor soundbar or with the headphones as well? Has the monitor soundbar ever put out better volume with another setup? For me, an old NEC 20WMGX2's monitor soundbar has never put out good volume. Even with everything maxed on both the system and monitor volume control. It's even hooked up to an old school X-FI xtremeMusic sound card on a secondary PC in the household. But the thing was simply never made for anything more than barely acceptable volume.

Thanks, I plugged the headphones directly into the back of the PC and the sound was definitely louder. Hm, anyone know if there's a switch of some kind where I can have the sound either going to the Dell speaker bar or to the headphones?

Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it. I bought the Asus sound card & going to see if that helps. If not, I'll get the splitter and just use that instead.

Back