Asus X670E-E BIOS 1003

So I haven't updated my Strix-E bios since I got this board late last year. The board has been 100% stable. No BSODs, etc. I know I should update. However, I'm concerned about all the reports of bugs in the new releases. Is ASUS simply not fixing old bugs, or introducing new ones.

Is it reasonable to expect a bios releases that closes out all known bugs?
The latest with bios with 1.0.0.7a works pretty ok for me. I'd update. Bug free? No, but its safer than what you have. After install, stress test and watch the temps and voltages. CO is at -31 and my Vcore is 1.35v and Vsoc are 1.3v max.

Last edited:
yes total package.

The latest with bios with 1.0.0.7a works pretty ok for me. I'd update. Bug free? No, but its safer than what you have. After install, stress test and watch the temps and voltages. CO is at 31 and my Vcore and Vsoc are 1.3v max.
What is your favorite stress test. I have downloaded several but have not tried any of them.

Sorry if I seem noob-ish here. In reality I'm the opposite. But there are times when I need to start at the beginning and learn by asking lots of questions.

What is your favorite stress test. I have downloaded several but have not tried any of them.

Sorry if I seem noob-ish here. In reality I'm the opposite. But there are times when I need to start at the beginning and learn by asking lots of questions.

y-cruncher

You have 1300 posts newb. Interesting.

I run prime 95, I guess I am old schooled, it runs the cpu and mem pretty good. You run that for a a little while and you will find out if there is an issue.

Mega6'er is right the 1416 is pretty stable for me but I am not running expo at all and getting better performance with it off.

with expo on I get about 23500 in CBR23 with expo off I get 25250. I think it is weird as well. I actually tried manual on the mem (timings, voltage) instead of expo and it was lower then with expo being off.

If you want me to run a test with a certain setting let me know Ill take a screen shot and post.

EXPO-ON- 23729
expo-on.jpg

EXPO-OFF- 25208
expo-off.jpg

Last edited:
with expo on I get about 23500 in CBR23 with expo off I get 25250. I think it is weird as well. I actually tried manual on the mem (timings, voltage) instead of expo and it was lower then with expo being off.

If you want me to run a test with a certain setting let me know Ill take a screen shot and post.

EXPO-ON- 23729
View attachment 572734

EXPO-OFF- 25208
View attachment 572735

You're uncore is 2800, it should be 3000. Like I mentioned earlier, you need make sure you set the memory 1:1 uncore:mem. Your Vid on expo is a bit high at 1.48. Dial it back, try for 1.4v.

Not sure why you have an NH-D15 for a 65w CPU. Probably could have left on the wraith prism and had the same results. The non-X 65w is holding you back at 5400MHz as where I am boosting to 5700. That's why you get the X. Personally, i don't think the seven buck downgrade is worth it.

24T_Expo.png

1685106872035.png

Last edited:
not sure on the uncore? I am running 5600.
I got the NH-D15 for if I run it in X mode.

ummm ok, you are to advanced for me, remember I am coming off a 3770 DDR3. I will look for that.

I tried your settings (auto, memclk, memclk2) and it didn't work some how. I tried manually setting the mem timings and v still the same. I tried expo1 and 2 same thing, no matter what I did it showed 1:28.

I finally set everything to Auto and set the pbo to eco mode 105w. then got the highest score. I am sure its me doing something jacked up.

eco-105w-expo-off.jpg

You're overthinking it - load optimized defaults, load the expo profile, then just set uclk div1 mode to 1:1
Verify that your mem is set for 6000Mhz, save and reboot.

I'm coming from a 3930k so yeah this is a bit different.

To cut the voltage, go to the pbo menu, go to the Curve Optimizer and start going negative.. I ended up near -28. You can probably start at neg 20 and go lower until unstable then back off.

You're overthinking it - load optimized defaults, load the expo profile, then just set uclk div1 mode to 1:1
Verify that your mem is set for 6000Mhz, save and reboot.

I'm coming from a 3930k so yeah this is a bit different.

When I choose UCLK DIV1 I have 3 options Auto - MEMCLK - MEMCLK2 there is no 1:1

wont boot, thanks anyway dude.
well these bios are funky when changing things, one last idea would be turn it off and press the green lit bios reset on the back. Then do the settings. Did you try just setting memory to 6000, leaving uclk div 1 at auto?

Last edited:
I know I sound repetitive but you know my mem is 5600 right?

Ok I tried a crap load of stuff, I was pulling so many amps the transformer on the power pole outside was smoking, lol.

i tried straight up manual 6000 and 5800 and it posted and showed in cpuz but the cbr23 scores were crap like 16,000.
Then I tried CBO-auto with expo11 (5600) with Ai optimized with performance mode, everything else auto.
and got this.

expo2-Ai-cboauto.jpg

Ok I tried a crap load of stuff, I was pulling so many amps the transformer on the power pole outside was smoking, lol.

i tried straight up manual 6000 and 5800 and it posted and showed in cpuz but the cbr23 scores were crap like 16,000.
Then I tried CBO-auto with expo11 (5600) with Ai optimized with performance mode, everything else auto.
and got this.

View attachment 572894

Now you're cooking.

y-cruncher

You have 1300 posts newb. Interesting.
Like I said,I'm not exactly a noob. But that doesn't mean I was born knowing everything. Sure I know a lot of stuff, but for stress testing I don't know diddly, as of now.

That's all.

New BETA.

ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI BIOS 1516
Version 1516 Beta Version
9.23 MB 2023/07/24
"1. Update AGESA version to Combo AM5 PI 1.0.0.7b
2. Improve memory compatibility

Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (SX670EE.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."
DOWNLOAD

Previous to the 1516 update my PC would hard lock in less than 10 minutes if I had my RAM (G-Skill 6.4GHz CL32) clocked on anything but default (4.8 GHz). Since installing the 1516 BIOS I've run it for days at the full EXPO speed of 6.4GHz without a single hiccup. Finally feel like I'm starting to get what I paid for.

At last 1516 bios works with my memory and the first time since 0805 that I'm able to run my memory at the rated speed using the DOCP profile instead of manually setting it. Although it took awhile, Asus finally got around to it!

At last 1516 bios works with my memory and the first time since 0805 that I'm able to run my memory at the rated speed using the DOCP profile instead of manually setting it. Although it took awhile, Asus finally got around to it!
One of the weird things previous versions did on my setup was that performance was down vs manual timings (identical timings, just did it by hand). Didn't make sense to me to be losing 1-2% consistently in all tasks games and synth benchmarks. Have you confirmed that perf is at least not dropped vs manual?

One of the weird things previous versions did on my setup was that performance was down vs manual timings (identical timings, just did it by hand). Didn't make sense to me to be losing 1-2% consistently in all tasks games and synth benchmarks. Have you confirmed that perf is at least not dropped vs manual?
I actually get higher CPU performance with DOCP profile enabled but the difference is marginal. I tested using Cinebench and the difference in the scores is like 10 points. Maybe its because my CPU is not the 3d version...? I dunno.

I installed 1602 a few days ago. So far so good. Manual setting still outperforms docp, guess something is held back in docp mode despite me putting in the same settings. Have not tried to oc the ram yet. I don't think I'll have a chance to play around with settings till mid sept as my weekends are full due to end of summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: psy81
like this
Because I'm a sucker for new and shiny, I installed it. Everything works as expected with no issues or caveats.
Awesome, thanks for the heads up! I plan to update to this later this week myself then.

Back