ASUS VG248QE vs BENQ XL2420T vs ASUS VG23AH

deathiii

n00b
Hi, I'm new to the forum and since I am in need of some advice, i thought this would be the right place..

I'm looking to get a new monitor to replace my olddddddddd CRT Samtron 75E but have a tight budget, something like 300€ max ($400, but since I'm from Europe the prices should be higher here.. normally they are), that said i thought trying to get a 3D display would be a nice choice (probably more for movies, but might as well try to play some games).

I have an AMD GPU.. so first... if i just want to see movies, do i still need something like 3D Vision 2 from NVIDIA and a NVIDIA GPU? Or it's only needed for games?

And now looking at the title... any of those monitors is a good choice? Is there a better one?

I appreciate any feedback even if it's to call me a total "noob" :D

Thanks in advance

I would recommend either going with the BenQ XL2420TE or the ASUS VG248QE.

Either would be a great gaming monitor. The BenQ "TE" is the one I'd recommend over the "T" version due to the price difference and all you lose are a few features that are not necessary. The performance and picture are the same.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I was gonna say go with the ASUS VG248QE since it gives you the ability to install the G-Sync upgrade kit when Nvidia releases it but then I noticed you are using an AMD GPU.

Either the BENQ "TE" monitor like the guy above me recommended or the ASUS VG248QE would be good choices. I think the ASUS monitor is a little cheaper in the U.S. but I've heard good things about both monitors.

Yeah I'm kinda late but only today saw that thingy about G-Sync... I'm thinking that maybe the ASUS VG248QE is a safe bet, If i see fit when the upgrade kit gets out i can try to get it plus an NVIDIA GPU...

Again thanks very much, and if someone else has some opinions, feel free to tell ;)

Back